IGNORED

Is it worth it?

1 minute ago, March Audio said:

Chris, with the greatest of respect can you please explain why PeterST was allowed to be repeatedly highly offensive towards me, repeatedly use ad hominem, call me a wanker and a shit?

Has any action been taken against this individual?  His behavior was completely against forum rules and I was was restrained in not reaching in kind.

That has nothing whatsoever to do with getting along with others, that's myself being blatantly attacked for posting views that are contrary to a subjectivist bent.

I wasn't the one who started this thread, it's clear that others are seeing the same problem.

I'm not saying this is the case, but it comes across as the subjectivist area is protected whilst in the objective area some are allowed to do as they please and endlessly argue without objective basis.

You run your own business correct? You ever have employees that need babysitting, that just find ways to eat up your time, the always seem to need you to do something? This is the case with you Alan. Sure, I need to go clean up the thread you mention, but it’s a weekend I’d like to spend with my family, not answering your every complaint. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 minutes ago, March Audio said:

I wasn't actually aware of this.  I thought it was something you granted on request, which I think I did in one of the reports I made about PeterST yesterday.

Had I known this that thread would worked very well with excellent contributions from several members.

That thread was a shit show. Your request is likely in the pile with all the ported posts of people complaining about the other guy. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

20 minutes ago, March Audio said:

No it isn't Chris and your assertions here are somewhat offensive.

It's quite demonstrable that a couple of individuals have gone out of their way to thread crap threads I have been involved with.

I think it's up to you to explain why you haven't censured individuals that have been personally offensive and broken forum rules that would get most people permanently banned.

I didn't start this thread, it's clear others are seeing the problems.

I haven’t moderated those posts because it’s over and out of my mind for now. The thread is locked. There are bigger fish to fry than doing that at this moment. 

2 minutes ago, plissken said:

My approach has been to participate at other forums.

And you’ve had such great success on those that you don’t come back, oh wait. 

Only kidding. It all depends where people want to talk and with whom. No forum is everything to everyone. 

I take the community approach and ask people to moderate themselves and be adults. It doesn’t always work, but it’s the best approach I believe. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, plissken said:

Tried that in another thread in the objectifi-forum where someone could hear differences in CPU load (subjective) and when I offered up a headless, remote controlled, computer that could be place in their setup and cpu load varied without their knowing (objective) a few things happened:

1: They were able to just post about tweak after tweak of subjective improvement

2: You called me condescending (also objective 😉)

I have zero reported posts in the queue, so I can only assume everyone found them OK within the context of the thread. 

1 minute ago, plissken said:

As an active participant in that thread you called me condescending. So you were aware enough for that but not aware enough for someone with 101 unicorn tweaks and the subjective outcomes in the Objective sub-forum.  Which is against the 'rules'.  I didn't know that if it's unreported that it's A-OK then. I'll certainly keep that in mind going forward.

I don't read every post. I also have no ay of knowing if within the context of the thread the posts are OK. The world isn't an objective black and white place. Either be part of the solution to the issue you're complaining about, or stop complaining.