IGNORED

Allo Digione Signature and Volumio not updating

I purchased the Allo Digione as well as the Volumio Virtuoso plan for the soul purpose of streaming Tidal connect. The Volumio was installed on the sd card by Allo. 

My current version of Volumio is 2.853 and I know I need to upgrade to at least 2.878 to get the Tidal connect to work. 

Every time I try to update, I get a "system software integrity check failed" message.  So I did a factory reset.  However, even after that I receive the same error message.  So now, I've done a factory reset three times, but still get the same error. The other option for the error says to "delete user data".  I have no idea how to delete user data, since I didn't install software on the SD card.  

Screenshot_20210604-190542_Volumio.jpg

3 hours ago, Craig J. said:

I purchased the Allo Digione as well as the Volumio Virtuoso plan for the soul purpose of streaming Tidal connect. The Volumio was installed on the sd card by Allo. 

My current version of Volumio is 2.853 and I know I need to upgrade to at least 2.878 to get the Tidal connect to work. 

Every time I try to update, I get a "system software integrity check failed" message.  So I did a factory reset.  However, even after that I receive the same error message.  So now, I've done a factory reset three times, but still get the same error. The other option for the error says to "delete user data".  I have no idea how to delete user data, since I didn't install software on the SD card.  

Screenshot_20210604-190542_Volumio.jpg

Forwarded PM please check

• 4 weeks later...

Here's the info that I got from Allo

Allo Fix

Please download volumio image form volumio site and flash to SD card using Etcher tool

https://updates.volumio.org/pi/volumio/2.882/volumio-2.882-2021-04-24-pi.img.zip

Please follow the below steps for flashing the volumio image to SD card

1. Once download has finished, you’ll have a zip file  
2. Extract the downloaded zip file and you’ll have a .img image file     (Download 7-zip to your PC for extracting the file )
3. Download and install Etcher in your PC, which will write Volumio to your SD Card
4. Open etcher, and click on “Select Image”. Now select the Volumio .img file
5. Insert the MicroSD Card on your computer, you could use an external card reader or the SD slot if your computer has one.
6. Click on Select drive, and select the SD Card \ SD Card reader.
(To be safe, unplug every External USB Drive you may have connected to your PC and make sure that the device name correspond to the microSD card
Click “Continue” and when ready, hit “Flash”)
When the operation has finished (it may take up to 10 minutes)close Etcher and eject the SD card

Now Insert the SD card in to Digione Signature player's RPI SD card slot and boot the device 

• 2 months later...

Hi Craig, thanks for sharing the solution.

Hoping the Allo staff reads this, I also have this problem, except that I didn´t want to fiddle with the Volumio installation in the card as done by Allo in my DigiOne Signature player. Since the Volumio error message indicated there are "manually edited files", I assumed that they were edited by Allo to make the player work with Volumio. The provided solution to flash Volumio again in the card means any edits will be lost, the question to Allo staff is, does this represent a risk to damage the DigiOne Signature functionality with Volumio?

Thanks

6 hours ago, Cafensenada said:

Hi Craig, thanks for sharing the solution.

Hoping the Allo staff reads this, I also have this problem, except that I didn´t want to fiddle with the Volumio installation in the card as done by Allo in my DigiOne Signature player. Since the Volumio error message indicated there are "manually edited files", I assumed that they were edited by Allo to make the player work with Volumio. The provided solution to flash Volumio again in the card means any edits will be lost, the question to Allo staff is, does this represent a risk to damage the DigiOne Signature functionality with Volumio?

Thanks

No issues, can re-flash the OS. For Usbridge signature  only done the driver addition and considering as manually edited.
(other than driver update for USBridge Signature no other changes)