IGNORED

Does the ER work with SFP+

5 uur geleden, BCrich zei:

Martin, ik heb componenten componenten als jij, met uitzondering van de Ubiquity Router. Ik heb de SFP-converter die bij het pakket wordt geleverd. Ik zal dit proberen met mijn componenten en laat je weten wat er gebeurt. Misschien wilt u een 12v-voeding op de ER proberen. Ik herinner me dat de SFP-poort meer stroom verbruikt.

That can never be the problem. the farad supplies at least 3A!

The OP is already in the AfterDark sponsored forum. 

As it is 100% totally agreed upon and clear to everyone that the EtherRegen is working fine with SPF+ modules, and especially those named Finisar ones, I suggest @Superdad to close this tread, so we don’t have two treads about the same issue one person has. 

Connected feed from my switch to SFP Converter (Ethernet) - Connected Fiber SFP from Convertor to EtherRegen (Fiber) - Connect EtherRegen (Ethernet) to my Server (Ethernet).

I didn’t use the “B” side of the EtherRegen so I could show connection. See attached photos.

So obviously you have something that is either not compatible or defective. I’m leaning towards defective. Did you run the fiber cable in your wall from your Router to where you have your EtherRegen? It’s possible it may have become damaged in the process of running it. The first thing I would do is get another fiber cable and bypass the one you ran in the wall. That will eliminate one variable. Then I would ask AfterDark to send you another setup. If you don’t want to wait you could order from Sonore or Amazon. Chances are that the new one from AfterDark is defective also is slim. There is a possibility that the SFP Port on the EtherRegen is defective, not making a good connection to the module.

Good Luck !

Mike

202D22D4-1D27-44A9-A6EB-F100118D57E6.jpeg

4A9A8B26-96AB-475F-96B2-2F8FFA45645C.jpeg