IGNORED

AfterDark. Project ClayX Constellation SFP+ Module for Audiophile - Can not get it to work

Breaking news!!

I got my new EdgeRouter X SFP and a Ubiquiti UDC-1 SFP+ kabel. The cable is only 1 meter long.

The ER works with the cable and the SFP converter also works with the cable, same goes without the converter using the new router with build in SFP.

So did I get any wiser? Not really.

Was it the LC connector that was broken or not compatible with the ER?

I hope the Converter box was tested with the LC modules, if not some one in Hong Kong should have very red ears.

Or maybe the cable was not working.

But on the bright side we now know what's working

• The LC slots (ER, Router, Converter)
  • SFP+ modules
  • Properly the Converter work with the LC

I should have bought some LC Modules and Cable to play with.

IMG_5075.JPG

12 minutes ago, Martin Herløv Andersen said:

The ER works with the cable and the SFP converter also works with the cable, same goes without the converter using the new router with build in SFP.

Does the yellow cable work ?

(if not, have Adrian send you a new cable). 

3 minutes ago, Martin Herløv Andersen said:

I don't know the cable I bought has LC connections on them

The point is to use the yellow cable with the modules you got between devices and test. 

You now have understood that the FMC is working. 

Place the cable between new router and EtherRegen. 

25 minutes ago, Martin Herløv Andersen said:

But on the bright side we now know what's working

• The LC slots (ER, Router, Converter)
  • SFP+ modules
  • Properly the Converter work with the LC

How do you know the SFP+ modules from AfterDark is working?

So now you have an FMC for sale ? 😂

And a router?

9 minutes ago, Martin Herløv Andersen said:

I don't 😊 what I meant to say was that the ER and converter works with SFP+ modules. The ones on the cable I bought from komplett.dk

You definitely need a new yellow cable. There is a slight chance that router isn’t compatible with the Finisar modules. Please check documentation and ask the manufacturer in addition. 

https://help.ui.com/hc/en-us/articles/204959574-EdgeRouter-SFP-SFP-and-DAC-Compatibility-List

Insert the module into the router and open the website for router. You should see right away if the module is accepted. 

In any case you know for sure the FMC is working.

Anyone having same router and modules that can confirm it’s working ?

17 minutes ago, Martin Herløv Andersen said:

Don't think so. I use the converter box I bought from Afterdark and as I wrote I sure hope he has tested it with the Finisar modules

We know they’re working there. We don’t know for 100% it’s working with that router. Did you understand what I asked you to test ? Results in webinerface ?

Again. Adrian should send you a new cable. 
Was it 15 meters ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/392275302479?hash=item5b556e184f:g:wOsAAOSw-l9crEQ~

https://www.ebay.com/itm/392275293505?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

1 minute ago, R1200CL said:

We don’t know for 100% it’s working with that router

But I am not connecting the SFP cable to the router. I am using the RJ45 to SFP converter. And as I wrote, I hope @Adrian has tested the modules with the converter he sold me.

The first think I tested was the yellow cable connected to the new Edge router with SFP and in the other end the ER.

Then the Ubiquiti UDC-1 SFP+ kabel connected to the ER and the new router. That was working.

Then the  macbook > cat6 > ER > Ubiquiti UDC-1 SFP+ kabel  > Converter > old router. Working music was playing

But I am not connecting the SFP cable to the router.

Then that purchase was a total waste. The idea was to bypass that FMC. The new router is by design a much better device. As it’s a 10GB fiber interface.  That FMC is only 1GB. (Worse specs). 
I’m actually a bit surprised it works with EtherRegen using a 10GB interface. 

The first think I tested was the yellow cable connected to the new Edge router with SFP and in the other end the ER.

Yes, that’s what was my idea. With yellow cable. 

Then the Ubiquiti UDC-1 SFP+ kabel connected to the ER and the new router. That was working.

Not a surprise at all. 

So far you only have verified that your AfterDark cable isn’t working. And the FMC is. 

8 minutes ago, Martin Herløv Andersen said:

Hi is this the same kind of cable the I bought from Adrian? Will use it for testing

Yes. Blue connectors and yellow cable that’s what you want. Always. You will have it by tomorrow. Good. Cheap. 

(https://www.computersalg.dk/i/6638006/mikrotik-cloud-smart-switch-css610-8g-2s-in-switch-smart-8-x-10-100-1000-2-x-10-gigabit-sfp-desktop-monterbar-på-stativ in case you want a switch/FMC. This one present have an issue with 10GB to 1GB fiber).