IGNORED

Anyone into French Metal/Prog/Psych?

The first time I heard Gojira I didn't like their music. I got an album (can't remember the title) from a friend of mine, a recording engineer who said - 'check this out, everybody's sampling these drums nowadays'. I checked them out a couple of years later and I quite like their two most recent albums - they are more 'mainstream' metal than their earlier stuff, guess I'm a bit old-school :)

13 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

The first time I heard Gojira I didn't like their music. I got an album (can't remember the title) from a friend of mine, a recording engineer who said - 'check this out, everybody's sampling these drums nowadays'. I checked them out a couple of years later and I quite like their two most recent albums - they are more 'mainstream' metal than their earlier stuff, guess I'm a bit old-school :)

Yes, their two most recent albums elevated them above the pack so to speak..great production, heavier presentation, and some psych flourishes.

16 hours ago, Xero-Kline-Koma said:

Hurray! I love Magma! Listening to Attahk on a good system is bliss. I got to see Zebehn Strain De Geustaah and his crew in London a couple years ago, greying and balding, but with the drums still driving the burning furnace of their machine.....

I don't know those other, newer bands, so thanks for giving me something new to discover!

Nick

There are so many "little known" French heavy prog bands, we can begin a list..and many modern ones too..even lots of folk rock..French versions of Fairport Convention or Steeleye Span so to speak..

I had the pleasure of seeing Magma several times in their prime around Europe.

• 2 weeks later...