IGNORED

Article: Audiophile Style Podcast: Episode 21 | Aurender Interview

Great conversation! Thanks for putting this together. Gives me a lot to think about!

Samsung 2TB SSD external drive > Oppo 205 USB in > McIntosh C45 > Proceed AMP5 > Mirage HDT Speakers > Velodyne HGS15 Sub // Nordost Blue Heaven Cables, PS Audio Quintet, OWC 2TB Mercury Elite Pro Firewire

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, bobfa said:

This gave me a different view into how Aurender work as company, software, and service.  @AriMargolis and @The Computer Audiophile thank you both for this.  

Happy you got what I tried to convey :~)

Many of these companies have great stories to tell and I love pulling it out of them. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, rayhil said:

I just finished listening to this podcast. Thanks much for all the great info.

While I have posted similar comments before, I will shout my praise of Aurender from any mountain top about their products  and  support.  From my purchase experience to my continued use and comment, Aurender and its team have been totally supportive every step of the way.

I am totally blind an use Apple's text to speech program, VoiceOver, to read the screens on all my Apple devices.  Before I purchased my Aurender, I contacted John as head of sales and he told me the Conductor app was fully accessible with VoiceOver, but recommended I go to Take5Audio, my nearest dealer, to test it out.  He was right; I turned VoiceOver on with the dealers iPad and up came the app with speech output.

So I bought a N100H.

Getting the unit up and running on my network was easy, simply following the instructions.  The ripping experience for about 600 CDs was equally smooth using an old MacBook Pro and iTunes ripping everything in AIFF.  I then simply copied the files to the Aurender with no problem.

When I sadly had a problem with my unit that Aurender couldn't solve, I returned the unit and they moved my music to a new unit without question or problem.

The beauty was in the access of music from the Conductor App and the listening experience.  All the features of the app are totally accessible and I can use the app just like a sighted user.  

While I haven't tested lots of other products or apps, this is rather unique for Aurender and the Conductor app.  For example, Roon is totally inaccessible and when I contacted them about this, my take on their response is they simply didn't care.  Admittedly, the way in which they display content is not a text application, so screen reading software can't interact with Roon.  When I have experimented with other software, none come close to Conductor.

When I have sent requests to Aurender about access or use, they are extremely responsive.  In almost every case when I let them know that an update had a glitch with VoiceOver, it was fixed in the next release.

The release of Conductor for iPhone is another excellent step forward for me.  Less screen space makes it easier to navigate through my music.

Thanks Ari for all your support and thanks Chris for holding Aurender up as the example of a great product with great support.

Wow, I had no idea. Many of us have no clue about this aspect of using music servers and applications. Thanks so much for the post.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png