IGNORED

PlayClassics TRT sound (calibration 2.4) album premiere

We have come up with some developments that I would like to share with you all.

We have two new albums that we are about to release that feature a new version of our calibration (that would be calibration 2.4)

It would be really helpful for us if you could have a listen and as always give us some feedback.

Here is a link to each of the albums:

http://www.playclassics.com/album16

771865140_PC21001360.jpg.4682c9477998c8f84bfae5f4b5f43ada.jpg

http://www.playclassics.com/album17

1614526667_PC21002360.jpg.b5f8c4473a134bfb9b1ba6638034f4e0.jpg

If you would like to try the master version of any of these two albums on your systems please let me know which one is your pick and I will be glad to send you a gift code.

P.S. it has been a long time since I last posted on the forum, ....I just hope you are all doing ok

Mario Martínez

Recording Engineer and Music Producer

Play Classics, classical music at its best

Hi Mario. Hope you are doing well.

I'd like to try the piano recording.

Thanks.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

ok, I just sent you the codes, thanks for listening!

Just so you know, ...do not try to play these files at the same level you would have played our older files.

Our older calibrations just dealt with tone quality. This new calibration deals with tone and also dynamics so it does have a different level.

The purpose of the calibration is still the same: our project objective is to try to develop a fixed recording system that is completely transparent to try to eliminate the need for post production processes that are subjective and deviate the sound of the recoding from the sound of the original instruments on stage.

For those who are new to our project here is a link that explains our doings... http://www.playclassics.com/trtsound

Mario Martínez

Anyone read Guillermo's album notes and brief bio?  He's only 13!  Mario, did he really write the notes without adult help?  If so, his literary intelligence is just as high as his musical intelligence!

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

Mario-

As usual - great sound. Your piano recordings sound the most like a piano actually does in reasonably sized room. 

Refreshing to hear such a natural sounding recording.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

14 hours ago, Bob Stern said:

Anyone read Guillermo's album notes and brief bio?  He's only 13!  Mario, did he really write the notes without adult help?  If so, his literary intelligence is just as high as his musical intelligence!

Yes, he did write them himself without adult help or guidance, and he had just turned 13 when we did the recording on february, ...he is quite something

Mario Martínez

I just sent you all the codes. Thanks for listening.

We have published the release announcements on our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/PlayClassics.recordlabel/

If you like what you are hearing please feel free to like/comment/share the posts on our facebook page.

That would really be of great help to us...

Mario Martínez