IGNORED

Help please - another sMS-200 problem

Hi, not sure if this is the right forum but I have a problem with my sms-200. I tried to update the firmware via the eunhasu web browser interface and now cannot connect via the web interface either using http://eunhasu.local or network address. Device no longer shows up in Roon. Powers on OK and flashing light works which seems to indicate network activity. I've the reset button but to no affect. I see that it has a micro SD card in the back which presumably carries the operating system similar to Raspberry Pi so I wondered if somehow this has become corrupted and if it can be replaced.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Cheers, Andy

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2021 at 3:05 PM, GZOO said:

Seems like I need a new sd card, the latest firmware doesn't fit on the existing card. I'm thinking this is the reason the update failed.

My sMS-200 came new with an 8GB card. Later firmware versions filled this card to the max, which was a problem. I was advised by SOtM to install a card with more memory, so I went with 16GB.

The need for more storage came with V4.5. Which firmware version are you using? 

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

• 7 months later...

Hi, I have a problem with my new SMS-200, I want to ask you, could anyone help me with the commissioning? Best via messenger/email.

I see the Eunhasu GUI, I see the sMS-200-USB and sMS-200-USB-mediaserver folders on the network, but after entering EUNHASU into the network search engine, it can't find anything.

1 hour ago, balja said:

Hi, I have a problem with my new SMS-200, I want to ask you, could anyone help me with the commissioning? Best via messenger/email.

I see the Eunhasu GUI, I see the sMS-200-USB and sMS-200-USB-mediaserver folders on the network, but after entering EUNHASU into the network search engine, it can't find anything.

Hi, I can try 

check PM

Stefano

My audio system

@balja, have you tried 100Base-T? Many of us have found it improves the sound and this is endorsed by SOtM.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC.