IGNORED

Help GoldenSound / GoldenOne Get An Audio Precision Analyzer

@GoldenOne I applaud your efforts to provide objective measurements and try to provide more in-depth analysis. I would be happy to offer advice/insight, so I’ll start with this:

As unpopular as this may be, I’d really recommend looking to the efforts John Atkinson has provided over the years - he’s truly done exceptional work, trying to keep measurements consistent and I believe him to be a thoroughly decent man. 

your friendly neighbourhood idiot 

Well, I for one love measurements 😁

One of the things the Miller measurements have over the Stereophile ones are the sweeps, but one of the things Stereophile have over the Miller ones is the single - shot FFT being better. You’ve said you’re not an EE, and that’s fine, but sometimes measurements need some context/analysis/deeper dives, so I’d recommend reaching out to some of the more knowledgeable people on here - we already have ASR…

Again, I implore you to keep standardised conditions…

something to bear in mind is that there *may* be a bit of shenanigans going on for products dynamically optimising themselves for the AP test suite, feel free to ping me if you want a bit of devious thinking here

I’ve reread this, and sound like a right idiot…

I’m trying to applaud your efforts yet point out a bit of subtlety could be how you differentiate yourself from other measurement websites - it’s easy ( but not cheap! ) to just buy an AP and run the test suite…