IGNORED

The Black Keys - Delta Kream: Live from The Blue Front Café [Spotify Livestream on May 27th]

Happy to read this response. Does my heart good. Thanks for the posts.

A recent NYT article and interview:  Are The Black Keys Still Underdogs?

Excerpt:

The day after the band’s impromptu session, sitting around a table at Easy Eye with Auerbach and Carney, I asked about the future of the blues, how it could be maintained and who might maintain it. Auerbach flipped a lighter around in one hand and ran the other anxiously through his hair. He leaned forward in his chair, solemn but urgent. “Honestly, it could die out, and Kenney [Kimbrough] could be the last time you [expletive] hear it,” he began before pausing slightly and considering a slightly more optimistic angle. “It’s dire — young people don’t really give a [expletive]. But at the same time, were these guys ever truly successful? So what are we arguing about? If they were never successful, then who cares?”

And I get what he means — not “who cares?” as in, if no one cares then we’ll go quietly into the night. It’s the other way. If people think we’re dead and dying anyway, we’ll make as much noise as possible. We’ll rattle the cages of the graveyards and shake the spirits loose.

I

Try the LP BlackRoc - Blakroc (stylized as BlakRoc) is a studio album by American rock band The Black Keys, in collaboration with Damon Dash, co-founder and former co-owner of Roc-A-Fella Records, who oversaw the project. The album features guest appearances from several hip hop and R&B acts, namely Mos Def, Nicole Wray, Pharoahe Monch, Ludacris, Billy Danze of M.O.P., Q-Tip of A Tribe Called Quest, Jim Jones and NOE of ByrdGang, as well as Raekwon, RZA and Ol' Dirty Bastard of Wu-Tang Clan

Music was performed by the Black Keys.

Blakroc.jpg

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects