IGNORED

InnuOS 2.0

I am playing music only from the internal hard drive. 

Jon

Innuos Zen Mk 3, Shunyata alpha usb cable, Esoteric N-05 dac/network player, MBL N11 preamp, Bryston 28B SST2 monoblocks, Vienna Acoustics The Music speakers, Kimber Select 1126/1130 ic's, Kimber Select 6063 sc, Shunyata Triton, Shunyata/PS Audio pc's, Shunyata Dark Field Suspension System, Harmonix by Combak footers, Shun Mook Pendulum stand

Industry Affiliation : None

2 hours ago, BigAlMc said:

I'm lost here. Surely the app is just a controller? Where's your music actually playing from in this scenario?

Omitted o quote BigAIMc.

Jon

Innuos Zen Mk 3, Shunyata alpha usb cable, Esoteric N-05 dac/network player, MBL N11 preamp, Bryston 28B SST2 monoblocks, Vienna Acoustics The Music speakers, Kimber Select 1126/1130 ic's, Kimber Select 6063 sc, Shunyata Triton, Shunyata/PS Audio pc's, Shunyata Dark Field Suspension System, Harmonix by Combak footers, Shun Mook Pendulum stand

Industry Affiliation : None

11 hours ago, Vangelis said:

I’m felt compelled to chime in here about the gain in sound quality with 2.04. I’m totally stunned by the leap of musical involvement. The change is reminiscent of my early days of my HiFi hobby when I made a serious component upgrade and experienced one of those audio wow moments. There had been rumblings about the new OS would improve sonics, but I was unprepared for how much of an improvement would be realized. I was an old Linn turntable fan and my Zenith now sounds as if it’s had an injection of LP-12.

The whole 2.04  presentation has a much less mechanical construct with far more harmonic flow and ease, on a historical footnote, Harry Pearson called this contiguousness.  My Zenth MK2se sounds phenomenal now with 2.04. I can only speculate what improvements Statement owners must be experiencing.  With 2.04 everything is far more resolved and dense, the notes simply hangs together better, with a far more intelligible musical connection.  With this big gain in resolution and refinement, what’s been left behind, is grunge. I’m not overstating, that when I switch back to iPeng on the same track the music line becomes confusing and uninvolving. Hats off to the folks at Innuos for this wonderful gift they’ve given us. 

Very well said, the sound quality is the star of the show!

I was also impressed with the "change cover" editing tool.

It's super fast and if you elect the option to search the net for a cover it gets a wide variety of pretty decent covers to choose from, for even some of my most obscure of albums. Neat!

P.S. 2.05 is now out.

Just downloaded Innuos 2.0.5 to my zenith. Yes, the sound quality is amazing, and qobuz integration works very well.

Two questions: is it possible to edit tags on several albums at once? Also, I can’t find how to play the tag filter on the artist page. Am I missing anything?

13 hours ago, jvvita said:

Just downloaded Innuos 2.0.5 to my zenith. Yes, the sound quality is amazing, and qobuz integration works very well.

Two questions: is it possible to edit tags on several albums at once? Also, I can’t find how to play the tag filter on the artist page. Am I missing anything?

Regarding your second question, there are no tag filters (yet...) on the Artists page, although I believe it is (or soon will be ...) proposed as a feature on the Innuos Feedback Zone. A similar functionality will be provided by a future feature update (it's on "planned" status right now) for the layout of Albums page, where albums could be organised by Artist name and not (just) by album title, effectively meaning you'll be able to search through your collection, using whatever filter (e.g. genre) and all albums by the same artist will appear grouped together. I realise this is not exactly the same as adding tag search under Artists, but it will be close enough, from a functionality standpoint.

Not a significant data point by any means but on 30th July I posted I was giving 2.0 a try (over Roon & Experimental mode - and I've been a vociferous advocate of Experimental mode). But long story short I'm still on 2.0 where I'd probably pencilled in perhaps 3 or 4 days.

Sound quality is excellent and I'm still able to do the majority of the tasks I'm interested in. Finding music etc.

Not missing Roon is a pretty great accolade in my eyes.

Cheers,

Alan

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

Tried 2.0.5 yesterday. And it sounds GREAT. A notch above Roon/Experimental mode IMHO. Which was clearly superior to Roon

However I do miss Roon's usability (especially the Radio function which has improved greatly). Not crazy about starting rating over again (Tag>Roon>Innous). Innuos should just read tag ratings. Haven't seen a way to shuffle through tracks.

Not a bad start though. Curious if some of my network issues (stoppages) with Roon cease with 2.0

MAIN: Sonore Optical Module Deluxe/Farad Super 3 (7v) > Uptone EtherRegen/Farad Super 3(9v)/AfterDark Emperor Signature/Farad Super 3 (12v) > Innuos Zenith MKII SE (ER A) > ER (B) > Meitner MA-3 DAC > Ayre K-5xe MP Preamplifier > Ayre VX-5 Twenty Amplifier  > Vandersteen Quatro Woods

POWER: AQ Niagara 5000 > AQ (Hurricane)/Triode Wire Labs/Shunyata Python/Nordost Blue Heaven/Audience AU24 SE/Audio Sensibilities Sig Silver

CABLING: Silversmith Audio Fidelium Speaker/Sablon Pantela Reserva 2020 Lan/Ghent JSSG360 Cat 6/AQ Earth & Pegasus/Aurelis Deuland 75ohm

ISOLATION: Stillpoints/Symposium/IsoAcoustics/Herbie's/PS Audio Powerbase

• 1 month later...

I have been using InnuOS a bit more lately (vs Roon which I am having issues with). It does sound great.  However is there 1) any way to shuffle through tracks? 2) anything like a Radio feature that will use a combination of local/Qobuz content?

Ultimately I want it to play continuously without building a queue/long playlist

Thanks in advance

MAIN: Sonore Optical Module Deluxe/Farad Super 3 (7v) > Uptone EtherRegen/Farad Super 3(9v)/AfterDark Emperor Signature/Farad Super 3 (12v) > Innuos Zenith MKII SE (ER A) > ER (B) > Meitner MA-3 DAC > Ayre K-5xe MP Preamplifier > Ayre VX-5 Twenty Amplifier  > Vandersteen Quatro Woods

POWER: AQ Niagara 5000 > AQ (Hurricane)/Triode Wire Labs/Shunyata Python/Nordost Blue Heaven/Audience AU24 SE/Audio Sensibilities Sig Silver

CABLING: Silversmith Audio Fidelium Speaker/Sablon Pantela Reserva 2020 Lan/Ghent JSSG360 Cat 6/AQ Earth & Pegasus/Aurelis Deuland 75ohm

11 minutes ago, FrankMA said:

I have been using InnuOS a bit more lately (vs Roon which I am having issues with). It does sound great.  However is there 1) any way to shuffle through tracks? 2) anything like a Radio feature that will use a combination of local/Qobuz content?

Ultimately I want it to play continuously without building a queue/long playlist

Thanks in advance

Hi

Great sound quality!  My friend came over with his setup yesterday and was very impressed...

I want the shuffle feature too.  It's on their to do list.  Sooner rather than later....

Ade

I will also add reading FLAC tags - specifically ratings. If there I don't see it

• 7 months later...

If you mean whether they stopped developing their software, far from it.

There is a beta version of their latest release -2.1- available (through the innuOS feedback zone), which will presumably be out by means of an official release, soon.

And of course they've just announced their new series of streamers (Pulse mini, Pulse & Pulsar), which seem like a really interesting bunch of products!