IGNORED

InnuOS 2.0

I really like what I see and what I hear after installing 2.0 (without any problems). It´s not night and day against the experimental mode plus Roon I used before but I hear some distinct improvements. Music sounds more relaxed with silkier treble and more air around the instruments. If there was something like silkier midths I would even use this term to describe the more pleasent listening experience. I get a feeling of more intimacy listening to voices with a slightly improved depth of soundstage. Or you just can say that voices sound more real to me. For the first time I can listen to Lana Del Rey on my Hifiman HE-1000 SE earphones without jumping up from my seat when she is singing a word beginning with "s" 🙂. Now I have to learn to live without all the enjoyable features of Roon because there is no way back.

Innuous MK2 SE with Phoenix USB and Phoenix Net into MScaler-DAVE

12 hours ago, yellowblue said:

I really like what I see and what I hear after installing 2.0 (without any problems). It´s not night and day against the experimental mode plus Roon I used before but I hear some distinct improvements. Music sounds more relaxed with silkier treble and more air around the instruments. If there was something like silkier midths I would even use this term to describe the more pleasent listening experience. I get a feeling of more intimacy listening to voices with a slightly improved depth of soundstage. Or you just can say that voices sound more real to me. For the first time I can listen to Lana Del Rey on my Hifiman HE-1000 SE earphones without jumping up from my seat when she is singing a word beginning with "s" 🙂. Now I have to learn to live without all the enjoyable features of Roon because there is no way back.

Innuous MK2 SE with Phoenix USB and Phoenix Net into MScaler-DAVE

Indeed, 1.4.9 and now 2.0 provide a marked decrease in siblance. With a good switch (or other solution...) before the server, it all but dissapears.

Less latency perhaps...

I down loaded the new Innuos update 2.0 on Sunday and was surprised on how much of improvement in sound quality that made to my system . The vocals were so much more clearer , the finer details behind the singer were more up front in that you could hear more without muddling the sound . Depth of sound was further back and with a wider sound stage , my speakers took on a different sound like I had changed to another speaker . all the changes to my sound was so good that it totally changed on what I use to hear to now with this upgrade in software its going to take some time to get use to this sound all for the better , no upgrades in system for some time now this is a game changer for my system .

I control my Innuos using a mini ipad with Ipeng to access my files on the SSD in the Zenith mrk II , I have being trying to down load the new app to the ipad but can not find at all . Has any one done this , I have control of the new app on my desk top computer in another room so down loads and changes I can do but would like to use this on the ipad which is more simple to use while I am listening to my HiFi .Any ideas.

On 7/19/2021 at 9:51 AM, matthias said:

I apologise if this question has been addressed in this thread:

Does InnuOS 2.0 support natively Spotify Connect?

If yes, is it ready for Spotify Hifi?

Thanks

Matt

Maybe @Blackmorec knows the answer?

Thanks

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

38 minutes ago, matthias said:

Maybe @Blackmorec knows the answer?

Thanks

Matt

This question is best answered by Innuos Support. I am aware that currently only Qobuz is fully implemented. TIDAL is a work in progress and I know Innuos is working on several other streaming services, but they’ll probably want to get the Innuos 2.x.x launch done first before rolling out other ‘native’ streaming service connections.  Hence, best answered by Innuos. 

Not long for my Mk3 mini now...  I've upgraded to a linear PSU.  I also managed to get a Paul Hynes SR4T for my DAC before Paul Hynes Designs folded.  I have great Kimber Power cables.  

It already sounds great when using iPeng (I have a Roon licence but much prefer the sound of the std Mk3 music player when playing flac files).

After reading some of your experiences of the sound improvement that Innuos 2.0 has made I'm super excited to try it.  Is the Qobuz integration good?  I found Roon to provide superior sound quality with Qobuz streaming on 1.4.9

Hello everybody
I registered here because I found this thread about innuos devices in the vastness of the network. My English is mediocre, so I have to have google translate. I apologize for this in advance.
My question relates to innuOs 2.0. I have a zen MK3 and a Phoenix USB reclocker. And allow me to say. I've never heard music as well as with this duo.
Since July 21 the update is also available for the zen MK3. Since yesterday I have been trying to update from 1.4.9, but I only get the message oopps, .... an error occurred while attempting your download. see photo
Someone knows where the problem is. I read in the thread that not all regions and countries can be supplied yet. is that the reason, or is it my network.

thank you

Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-22 um 10.11.32.png

Innuos Zen MK3, Innuos Phoenix USB, audio gd NOS, Lehmann SE, AKG 812

Hello,
I am the only one who has the InnuOS with the zen MK3. Update 2.0.4. can not download. I haven't received an answer from the support so far. Or are the guys just overloaded at the moment, so that not every banal question can be answered.

4 hours ago, Heonius said:

Hello,
I am the only one who has the InnuOS with the zen MK3. Update 2.0.4. can not download. I haven't received an answer from the support so far. Or are the guys just overloaded at the moment, so that not every banal question can be answered.

Assuming you have your music backed up somewhere and you wouldn't think it too much of a hassle, you could try a factory reset first and then try to upgrade. Just a thought...

I still think that it can't be because of my equipment, as I was recently able to update from 1.4.8 to 1.4.9. So I will probably wait until a friendly Innuos supporter receives my mail. 🙏

40 minutes ago, Heonius said:

I still think that it can't be because of my equipment, as I was recently able to update from 1.4.8 to 1.4.9. So I will probably wait until a friendly Innuos supporter receives my mail. 🙏

Hi,

If it were me I would contact Innuos again. They are usually very quick to respond to customer queries.

You have been waiting almost a week for a reply which, by their standards, is rather slow.

Innuos Zenith MK2, Innuos Phoenix USB re-clocker, KEF LS50 active speakers

Hi Tait,

OT
Half a year ago I couldn't access the server via smb. It didn't take an hour before a new version of Samba was installed via remote control. That was a great service.
I think it is due to a lack of staff in connection with Corona that nobody has reported yet. Software engineers for Debian Linux are also not that easy to find.

Enjoying 2.0 and ditching Roon/Experimental for a while as i give it a test drive. Haven't enabled Qubuz or Tidal as enjoying being forced to focus on my local collection.

Does anyone know how to tell the phone version of MyInnuos.com to show compilation albums as one thumbnail album cover, versus a thumbnail album cover for each track in the compilation?

Cheers,

Alan

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm MU1 > (Sablon 2020 AES) > Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Focal Sopra No2 speakers

4 hours ago, BigAlMc said:

Enjoying 2.0 and ditching Roon/Experimental for a while as i give it a test drive. Haven't enabled Qubuz or Tidal as enjoying being forced to focus on my local collection.

Does anyone know how to tell the phone version of MyInnuos.com to show compilation albums as one thumbnail album cover, versus a thumbnail album cover for each track in the compilation?

Cheers,

Alan

Hey Alan,

if you’re using Innuos 2.x.x click [music], [artists], [Q] and type [various artists] then you should see all your compilation albums with the correct album covers.

one thing you should do with Tidal and/or Qobuz once they’re enabled is each time you select a locally stored album, check Qobuz or Tidal to see if there’s a hi-res version and if so, add it to favorites. I usually go one step further and for my favorite artists i usually add all the hi-res files to my library. Its so quick and easy 

FWIW, I find the Sense app is optimised for the iPad. The SQ of the Android version on a Samsung tablet is just not in the same league as the iOS version on the iPad.

There is an opacity, homogeneity and attenuation of transients to the sound via the Android version that is completely absent in the iOS version. 

Enjoy the Music!

Jon

Innuos Zen Mk 3, Shunyata alpha usb cable, Esoteric N-05 dac/network player, MBL N11 preamp, Bryston 28B SST2 monoblocks, Vienna Acoustics The Music speakers, Kimber Select 1126/1130 ic's, Kimber Select 6063 sc, Shunyata Triton, Shunyata/PS Audio pc's, Shunyata Dark Field Suspension System, Harmonix by Combak footers, Shun Mook Pendulum stand

Industry Affiliation : None

16 hours ago, Blackmorec said:

Hey Alan,

if you’re using Innuos 2.x.x click [music], [artists], [Q] and type [various artists] then you should see all your compilation albums with the correct album covers.

one thing you should do with Tidal and/or Qobuz once they’re enabled is each time you select a locally stored album, check Qobuz or Tidal to see if there’s a hi-res version and if so, add it to favorites. I usually go one step further and for my favorite artists i usually add all the hi-res files to my library. Its so quick and easy 

Thanks Steve,

But I meant more that I go from Home > New Music > All Music and when scrolling down if a compilation album has 20 tracks I see 20 album cover icons, 1 for each track.

Am wondering if this is a bug or a setting I'm missing because when I look at the compilation they're listed as one album, but Innuos2.0 shows the tracks and not the album.

Cheers,

Alan

Screenshot_20210731-102428_Chrome.jpg

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm MU1 > (Sablon 2020 AES) > Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Focal Sopra No2 speakers

1 hour ago, jon2020 said:

FWIW, I find the Sense app is optimised for the iPad. The SQ of the Android version on a Samsung tablet is just not in the same league as the iOS version on the iPad.

There is an opacity, homogeneity and attenuation of transients to the sound via the Android version that is completely absent in the iOS version. 

Enjoy the Music!

I'm lost here. Surely the app is just a controller? Where's your music actually playing from in this scenario?

37 minutes ago, BigAlMc said:

Thanks Steve,

But I meant more that I go from Home > New Music > All Music and when scrolling down if a compilation album has 20 tracks I see 20 album cover icons, 1 for each track.

Am wondering if this is a bug or a setting I'm missing because when I look at the compilation they're listed as one album, but Innuos2.0 shows the tracks and not the album.

Cheers,

Alan

Hi Alan, 

I just checked per the above, albeit on an iPad Pro and when i get to a various artists album in New Music, the system displays the correct album cover. When I then click the album, it displays the correct album cover, with all the track titles and artists listed below, but no album covers, so I cannot reproduce your screen image on an iPad.