IGNORED

InnuOS 2.0

1 hour ago, BPED said:

Squeezelight option in Roon doesn’t seem to work anymore. Anyone alse with the same issue? Thanks in advance for advising on how to solve this 

Do you mean you are setting it in Innuos 2.0 on the settings page as per screen shot below but the problem is in Roon? 

49CA3361-5DB6-4E03-B0C5-5C3AA4481F6A.thumb.jpeg.936ad7d12aebcd70543906e441caa5aa.jpeg

Owner Wave High Fidelity digital cables :

Antipodes Oladra (WAVE Storm BNC spdif RF noise filtering cable to Mscaler)

Dave (with Sean Jacobs ARC6 and SJ Cap Board) + WAVE Storm dual BNC RF noise filtering cables

ATC150 active speakers.

15 hours ago, BPED said:

Indeed. And then I tried to activate in Roon. 

Hmmn, I don't know then because I have just swopped back to Roon and it was OK to set up in experimental mode as per before. Screenshots of 2.0 attached and then I went to the Roon app and it was fine to set up.

170077765_Screenshot2021-07-08at13_12_34.thumb.png.2a3db69d1d05c7273c8dc2abd541936a.png

1184807378_Screenshot2021-07-08at13_17_03.thumb.png.a703926e8ebce66385a3129486b7a3f5.png

Dave (with Sean Jacobs ARC6 and SJ Cap Board) + WAVE Storm dual BNC RF noise filtering cables

ATC150 active speakers.

1 hour ago, Fourlegs said:

Hmmn, I don't know then because I have just swopped back to Roon and it was OK to set up in experimental mode as per before. Screenshots of 2.0 attached and then I went to the Roon app and it was fine to set up.

170077765_Screenshot2021-07-08at13_12_34.thumb.png.2a3db69d1d05c7273c8dc2abd541936a.png

1184807378_Screenshot2021-07-08at13_17_03.thumb.png.a703926e8ebce66385a3129486b7a3f5.png

thanks for checking. that's actually encouraging, if it is my issue it should be possible to fix it.

Regarding sound quality, I just posted the following in another forum:

"I just made a comparison of Innuos sense 2.0 vs Roon core out of Zenith III. Innuos is better to my ears: more transparent, particularly better in rendering spatial clues, wider deeper soundstage, a tad leaner. Roon in direct comparison is a touch more veiled, rounder sound, maybe a bit more bass (probably because less defined). Roon app is of couse much more sophisticated.
can we have the best of both worlds??"

15 hours ago, BPED said:

Roon app is of couse much more sophisticated.
can we have the best of both worlds??"

I've lost track during the long wait. Does 2.0 still support the Experimental mode?

Cheers,

Alan

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

25 minutes ago, BigAlMc said:

I've lost track during the long wait. Does 2.0 still support the Experimental mode?

Cheers,

Alan

See my post and screenshot of 2.0 a couple of posts above showing the Roon with Experimental Mode option in 2.0. But of course by going this route you miss out on the whole point of 2.0.

ATC150 active speakers.

Here is Klaus again. Regarding the 1.4.8 update to 1.4.9  on my Innuos SE I still do not understand whether the major SQ improvement I heard was real or imagination. If Nuno has a technical comment or someone else has SQ observations it would be great. 

On 7/9/2021 at 2:56 PM, klaus said:

I have updated from 1.4.8 to 1.4.9 and to me SQ has significantly improved than all previous updates.

I am afraid to loose something when going to 2.0.

Any observations from you?

Klaus

Do not hesitate go for it!    2.0 is very definitely, at least to my ears, a marked improvement.    There were quite small, but welcome changes from 1.4.4 ( when I jumped on board) onwards and in varying degrees - and I expected 2.0 to be incremental.    I was wrong.   It seem to me to be a subtle but significant upgrade in SQ across the board - better imaging, somehow more relaxed and open.   A huge thank you to the team at Innuos!

21 hours ago, klaus said:

Here is Klaus again. Regarding the 1.4.8 update to 1.4.9  on my Innuos SE I still do not understand whether the major SQ improvement I heard was real or imagination. If Nuno has a technical comment or someone else has SQ observations it would be great. 

The need for 1.4.9 was explained by Innuos like this,

"We will need to provide a further update 1.4.9 for your music server to address an issue transitioning from 1.x to 2.0 identified during beta testing. This is planned to be released on the 3rd June;"

My money is therefore on your SQ upgrade from 1.4.8 to 1.4.9 being imagination. 😀

ATC150 active speakers.

6 minutes ago, ehoz said:

@Blackmorec can you share your experience with using fuses with the Innuos 2.0 Statement. Are you using the factory use or have you upgraded / tried any other fuses that you have enjoyed ?

Hey ehoz,

Standard fuses I’m afraid.  If a fuse manufacturer could show me the unique technology that makes their fuses worth the money, I’m all in, but right now I really wonder how many manufacturers actually make their own fuses vs. just treating some cheap buy-ins.  A few years ago I gave a couple of fuses a try with some tube kit I owned and while one worked to improve SQ, another robbed the system of PR&T, so there’s no doubt they do have an effect, just not always the one you’re hoping for.  What I did learn from using Naim gear was to listen very carefully when installing anything other than the manufacturer’s standard fuses. It happened that one weekend I blew a couple of fuses in an active system, and not having replacements I just bought a few from the local hardware. They robbed the system of a lot of its Naimness.  I didn’t  immediately hear a huge difference, but just stopped enjoying the music, so afraid I’m not really the person to ask about fuses. 

52 minutes ago, Blackmorec said:

Hey ehoz,

Standard fuses I’m afraid.  If a fuse manufacturer could show me the unique technology that makes their fuses worth the money, I’m all in, but right now I really wonder how many manufacturers actually make their own fuses vs. just treating some cheap buy-ins.  A few years ago I gave a couple of fuses a try with some tube kit I owned and while one worked to improve SQ, another robbed the system of PR&T, so there’s no doubt they do have an effect, just not always the one you’re hoping for.  What I did learn from using Naim gear was to listen very carefully when installing anything other than the manufacturer’s standard fuses. It happened that one weekend I blew a couple of fuses in an active system, and not having replacements I just bought a few from the local hardware. They robbed the system of a lot of its Naimness.  I didn’t  immediately hear a huge difference, but just stopped enjoying the music, so afraid I’m not really the person to ask about fuses. 

:) you certainly are the right person. Thanks heaps for sharing your experience. I concur with you - this has been my experience as well. Standard Fuse sounds the best.

3 hours ago, ehoz said:

:) you certainly are the right person. Thanks heaps for sharing your experience. I concur with you - this has been my experience as well. Standard Fuse sounds the best.

I’ve yet to ever encounter that.  Quite the opposite where I have come to believe that it should be a goal to eliminate stock fuses as soon as one can.  The improvement of course varies from component to component.  As far as Innuos - my Zenith Mk2 and later a Mk3 benefitted from a Blue fuse.  It was a subtle improvement but worth the dollars IMHO.  My current Antipodes K30 benefitted quite a bit more from Blue fuses.  I have Orange fuses in everything else that takes fuses.  These brought a more organic sound to each component.  It sounds like it does a fat better job of vanishing than the Blue.  Most astonishing to me was that even the Farad supply powering my EtherRegen benefited from an Orange fuse.  

In this hobby, it truly is a case that “everything matters”.  We find that even replacing a power supply on a switch many meters away from our gear can bring benefits.  With the fuse playing the role it plays, how then can it not matter?   

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

4 hours ago, kennyb123 said:

I’ve yet to ever encounter that.  Quite the opposite where I have come to believe that it should be a goal to eliminate stock fuses as soon as one can.  The improvement of course varies from component to component.  As far as Innuos - my Zenith Mk2 and later a Mk3 benefitted from a Blue fuse.  It was a subtle improvement but worth the dollars IMHO.  My current Antipodes K30 benefitted quite a bit more from Blue fuses.  I have Orange fuses in everything else that takes fuses.  These brought a more organic sound to each component.  It sounds like it does a fat better job of vanishing than the Blue.  Most astonishing to me was that even the Farad supply powering my EtherRegen benefited from an Orange fuse.  

In this hobby, it truly is a case that “everything matters”.  We find that even replacing a power supply on a switch many meters away from our gear can bring benefits.  With the fuse playing the role it plays, how then can it not matter?   

I certainly wouldn’t argue with you. I get exactly what you’re saying. Mundorf Silver/Gold DC cables that connect a switch to its PS make a large difference, but in those $300 cables i know exactly what I’m getting for my money. Do you know what’s in an orange fuse that makes it worth $150? 

1 hour ago, Blackmorec said:

I certainly wouldn’t argue with you. I get exactly what you’re saying. Mundorf Silver/Gold DC cables that connect a switch to its PS make a large difference, but in those $300 cables i know exactly what I’m getting for my money. Do you know what’s in an orange fuse that makes it worth $150? 

I don’t judge worth on my knowledge of what’s in it.  I judge worth by what I hear.  And the SR fuses have always proven their worth.

But having said that, I have tried several different products that leverage Synergistic Research’s UEF as a result of being impressed with their fuses.  All have impressed the heck out of my ears.  Two most recent examples are their Orange outlet and their outlet cover.  The Orange outlet easily beat the older Wattgate outlet I was using.  I also have a Blue outlet that’s on my 2nd dedicated outlet that’s feeding my amp.  The Blue easily beat the Shunyata outlet I was using.  And that outlet cover brought a surprising improvement but hard to say how much the carbon fiber helped with that.  Each have improved the sound by stripping away noise that I hadn’t previously known was there.

UEF appears to me to be a compound that they apply that aims to clean up high frequency noise.  This is part of what contributes to the benefits of their fuses.  To my ears, it’s the real deal despite me not being able to say what it is exactly.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

5 hours ago, Blackmorec said:

Do you know what’s in an orange fuse that makes it worth $150? 

I had to scroll down on their product page to find what’s in it.  I couldn’t tell you what benefit most of that stuff provides.  But the use of graphene sure is really interesting. This is an excellent conductor of heat and electricity - and not something you will find in stock fuses.  Given that Graphene “is a one-atom-thick layer of carbon atoms arranged in a hexagonal lattice”, I think it could be assumed that there is some precision to how these fuses are put together.  So what might justify the $150 is that compare to stock fuse a greater investment needed to be put into R&D - and also the precision in assembly may have meant a greater investment in the tooling (if assembled by machine) or in labor (if assembled by hand).

The mention of a silica filling was interesting too.  This is used in what are called HRC fuses.  This gives them a high rupture capacity.  I had to Google this and found this:

“Choosing to use an HRC fuse instead of a normal fuse makes very good sense if the equipment that needs to be protected - or other equipment nearby - would be very expensive to replace if it all went up in smoke just because of a fuse which was not capable of stopping a high fault current flowing.”

Synergistic doesn’t claim they are selling an HRC fuse.  Even so, I do now feel better about having silica-filled fuses in all my components nonetheless.

Orange fuse:

• Ceramic Body
  • Silica Filled
  • Brass Nickel Plated Contacts
  • 1,000,000 volt multi-stage, high-frequency conditioning process
  • 2nd Stage Rev. 2.0 Molecular realignment process
  • Directional
  • UEF Compound first developed for Galileo SX PowerCell
  • Graphene

14 hours ago, Blackmorec said:

Let’s get this back on topic. Thanks

I agree… but I did take a good bit of time to research and respond to your question.   Seeing you reply the way you did makes me think I wasted my time.  That’s a bummer.  

It actually wasn’t a waste of time as I learned from it.  Hopefully a few others will too.