IGNORED

The DXE-ISO-PLUS filter thread for various network, cable experiments

1 hour ago, Mahler and Bach on Computer said:

Good suggestions!  That is going to be my next step.  Unfortunately the pops were there always, in the frequency of once every 10 to 15 seconds.  The intensity is trivial but noticeable.  I checked the traffic of information, there was no sign of information spikes at all.  

Interesting, I also use bridging connection on my windows 10 NUC, and DX filters but do not experiencing this behavior.

I will try first connect all your devices thru Netgear switch ( router, streamer, nas and bridged mac mini). If that do not help next I will try eliminating bridging connection.

NUC7i7DNBE Akasa Plato fanless case(Windows 10 Pro bridged,LMS)>Cisco WS-C2960G-8TC-L> 2x Buffalo BS-GS2016>Buffalo BS-GS2008>Uptone EtherRegen>BG7TBL master clock>Sonore MicroRendu 1.4>Singxer F-1>Wyred 4 Sound Remedy>Lite DAC60>Schiit Audio Mjolnir 2>Hifiman HE1000

9 minutes ago, Mahler and Bach on Computer said:

Thank you!  I see the similarity between yours and mine, given yours is much more sophisticated.  Do you use HQPlayer as well?  I somehow feel the dense data flow of HQPlayer output processed by Mac Mini may cause extra difficulty.  

I use logitech media player on my NUC. Unfortunately I do not have experience with HQ player. But think that it is good idea check HQ player settings.

NUC7i7DNBE Akasa Plato fanless case(Windows 10 Pro bridged,LMS)>Cisco WS-C2960G-8TC-L> 2x Buffalo BS-GS2016>Buffalo BS-GS2008>Uptone EtherRegen>BG7TBL master clock>Sonore MicroRendu 1.4>Singxer F-1>Wyred 4 Sound Remedy>Lite DAC60>Schiit Audio Mjolnir 2>Hifiman HE1000

• 4 months later...
On 9/27/2021 at 10:57 AM, Rsbrsvp said:

I doubled the DXE's between my router and etherregen to four DXE's.

I like it.  Sound is fuller, rounder, more analogue, obviously a bit less crisp- but more natural.  It may work.  Not sure yet.

Do you use any audiophile ethernet wire between DXE's on that position, or only supplied 6 inch ethernet pigtails?

10 hours ago, Meridimac said:

I'm sorry to be a naysayer here, but my experience inserting DXEs after EtherRegen and a Cisco 2960 switch, and before a long run of CAT5e through the walls past all kinds of devices, and then the other piece installed before a second Cisco switch gave me reduced dynamics compared to no filters. Suggestions?

I will now try these on a different, long CAT5e run to an Allo USBridge for my Audeze headphones before I rule them out.

I am using 7 ethernet wires on my digital chain with DXEs with positive results.They are different quality from no name cat5 to audiophile ethernet wires. Best results was got installed on Sablon Audio ethernet wires right before and after Ether Regen.

What it is your digital chain? I am suggest to you use your EtherRegen on position last device before your music player, renderer, endpoint, or ethernet DAC, especialy if you powering yours Cisco switches with their internal noisy switching power supplies.

8 hours ago, PYP said:

My DXEs are AFTER my modem/router/wifi unit and BEFORE the eR.  The theory being that the DXE in that configuration kills off some of the RF before the eR does its thing.    Also, the included pigtail DXE connectors didn't sound right to me and I don't use them.  I use short, inexpensive mono price slim line RJ45 and that works for me.  

An experiment with the copper ethernet cable after the eR (and directly to the DAC) suggested that in my system this last leg is critical (significantly upgrading the ethernet cable made a large positive difference in SQ).    If that can be generalized (perhaps not), then one needs to be careful about what follows the eR (meaning, don't muck it up).  Just one system and one data point.  

Thank you for tip to Monoprice SlimRun Cat6 Ethernet Patch Cables, will tray them soon.