IGNORED

HDR Audio

I think this would be a nice idea, but there are a few small problems...

The Dynamic Range Meter is attempting to cover this area. Unfortunately it is quite flawed. It measures thye wrong thing. You can create the most perfect super dynamic mix and master, but add a tiny bit of low end (bass) and down goes the DR measurement. 

A much better unit would be the LUFS measurement, as used in studios. Unfortunately I don't think there is any (free or really cheap) software program to analyse music for the LUFS levels that can be installed/used by consumers. 

Until you find a way to tackle this so that consumers can fill a database like the Dynamic Range Database AND you can convince the guy that runs this database to close shop (which he just might agree to, I have not seen any maintenance been done for over a year now) so a new initative has a chance to grow, it's going to be a challenge.

An annoying noise annoys an oyster

6 hours ago, Rexp said:

Higher DR alone doesn't guarantee high quality audio files, so why bother. MQA came about cos there was a need to fix all the poor quality recordings out there, unfortunately once the damage has been done you can't fix it. There needs to be a new gold standard for studios that guarantees high qualty recordings. 

Uhm... No. MQA came because Meridian wanted to make a ton of money from people's gullibility, and it worked. MQA definitely does not fix anything. 

An annoying noise annoys an oyster