IGNORED

HQPlayer settings Poll Part IV

HQPlayer settings Part IV : delta-sigma modulators  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Part IV addresses delta-sigma modulators (Manual, page 23)

For any of the preceding polls, we can find some technically driven suggestions by @Miska (convolution engine Add should be preferred to Save for it is lighter -- yet I prefer Save -- ; CIC SDM integrator should be a more rational choice with 128 source -- yet it's my favorite with 64 -- while any IIR is close and I don't like FIR ; Wide and Narrow SDM conversions are said by Jussi to be too close to call on the Roon forum with Wide having some rational with 128 source -- yet, with 64 sources (I don't have 128) and maybe biased by reading the Manual, I love narrow with piano since it densifies and center focus it, making it more palpable, much in the line of what PGGB does,  while I love wide with most anything else, ie drums' reverberation in Cowboy Junkies's Trinity session SACD. This being, technically driven suggestions are much stronger when it comes to modulators ; roughly : if your computer/DAC can make/take it, go ASDM7EC (5EC with Sabre DACs).

So, to make this Poll interesting I'll try to be not too straightforward... 

Multiple options are possible : ie DSD family + 512 Non EC over 256 EC

HQ Player 4 Mac Mini M1