IGNORED

One Man’s Dream - Ken Fritz Documentary

I talked to Ken in 2018 about his Ampex ATR-102 tape machines after being connected with him by Nick Doshi.  Ken told me about his room and we had a very pleasant, quite long chat . I didn't think I was hearing him correctly about the dimensions of the room!  He had several Ampex ATR-102 tape recorders and many boxes of parts and accessories.  I have a couple of friends who also have ATR-102's as well as my own two.  So we went through his list of parts and equipment and made him an offer for those that we wanted.  I never heard back.  A little disappointed, but I dropped the issue.  Now I understand why.  Very sorry to hear about his ALS.  

Larry

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,LyraSkala+MiyajimaZeromono,Herron VTPH2APhono,2AmpexATR-102+MerrillTridentMaster TapePreamp

Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicrosonicsModel2; Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105

Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps; Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-2x512EngineerMarutaniSymmetrical Power+Cables Music-1.8KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,50+TBripped files

One man’s dream? This every audiophiles dream. Fantastic craftsmanship.

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

It's a good thing that Ken Fritz could not possibly suffer from OCD. 🙂

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron