IGNORED

Article: Apple Music Lossless, High Resolution, and Dolby Atmos Announced

3 hours ago, Pro Jules said:

Bring on the Apple DAC'S. (Or 3rd party partners like Apogee?)

The Apple stores will surely be selling something for it?

And how about a new Apple hi res Bluetooth codec? (To compete with LDAC)

And everyone having buy all new Bluetooth headphones / earpods to use it? 

I think Apple is just making this move to keep up with Spotify and Amazon. They seem fully committed to wireless audio, both with AirPlay and their high-end headphone options. I'd be surprised to see anything in the Apple Store that would compete directly with them.

I can only see them releasing a lossless Bluetooth codec, at least in the short term, if existing AirPods can utilize it with a firmware upgrade. The aren't about to make $550 headphones that were only released 5 months ago suddenly obsolete.

30 minutes ago, new_media said:

I think Apple is just making this move to keep up with Spotify and Amazon. They seem fully committed to wireless audio, both with AirPlay and their high-end headphone options. I'd be surprised to see anything in the Apple Store that would compete directly with them.

I can only see them releasing a lossless Bluetooth codec, at least in the short term, if existing AirPods can utilize it with a firmware upgrade. The aren't about to make $550 headphones that were only released 5 months ago suddenly obsolete.

The new airpod launch has been delayed so.. 

When is this lossless option going to be available? June 1st or sometime in June?

« Information is not knowledge / Knowledge is not wisdom / Wisdom is not truth / Truth is not beauty / Beauty is not love / Love is not music / MUSIC IS THE BEST. » FZ

Looking forward to this and great that lossless will be available to all mainstream services this year (at no extra cost assuming Spotify follow the Apple pricing model). For the average music lover we’re back to ‘CD era’ quality! 
I think the easy way to take advantage of this is just to buy an Apple TV and hook it into your stereo/HT system, at least that’s what I’m planning. Hires and atmos on tap. Airplay isn’t too much of a concern as an alternative, still red book quality at least. 

The only album I can find in 24/192 is The Doors - Strange Days Deluxe Edition.

I can confirm that my iPhone will output 24/192 via the USB camera adaptor, or at least my DAC is showing 24/192.

Still no way to upload my own 24/192 tracks to the phone though, apparently. It still maxes out at 24/96.

• 2 weeks later...