IGNORED

Trust your ears

It was objective. I asked to proved something which should make the thread subject legit.

So, move the thread then ?

Some people seem to think it is still fun in here.

It is not. Not at all.

Mind you, the same people bash at everyone by now. I can do too, until I'm banned. But I'd sincerely hope you ban the others first. After that it may be a better world, again. And again for a while maybe.

Really ...

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

4 minutes ago, Confused said:

What is the level at which ears cannot be trusted?

When companion auditioners start to disagree upon what both as individual heard and wrote down.

It never happens, you know. Now over here.

XXHighEnd (developer)

If only discussions would go like this always ...

(seriously)

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Where’s the personal insult? I will take action.

Chris, I think it is beyond imagination how cultures allow for different interpretation. This is how (at least) I can't parse the "harassments" you referred to, because in my perception it is all over the place. Already explicitly, let alone implicitly. Mind the term, which for me is about "taking prison" (please mind all the Trump angles involved). It could be nice word games in American language, but it is harassment literally in other parts of the world. It is not funny at all. It is choking. Deep stabbing, if you want.

This is abused by the grace of letting it be.

**I try to manipulate within the boundaries of what *my* interpretation of (mutual) American tries to "be". This is quite undoable for me and so many others (I'm sure).

There is a difference in trying to reach someone by indirect intelligent message (the American and IMO appropriate way) on one hand and bluntly scoff the hard way by means of so-called knowledge (organigram and staff influence as how I would call it) on the other.

This latter way will never work for people like in my part of the world because it is quite explicitly seen as shouting to get one's right. As you can obviously see, this is about half of the American thought and thinking (no judgment about that !) where a majority of the world may grab that for influencing (take that, please).

I am sure I don't make much sense because of my inability to bring it across, but please understand this:

There is no better understanding than whatever communication between Max Verstappen and Daniel Ricciardo because we as Dutch and he as Aussie know exactly what we're up to. This is inherent and buried in there for decades. *Any* fragile assessment is interpreted immediately according its senses.

Harassment still is the key word. But man, it can be choking.

If this doesn't come across, then sorry.  I guess there really is a difference between a challenging way of putting things like PKane on one hand (good), and the inherently scoffing ways of others on the other (super bad). Someone like me can deal with people like Paul on an intellectual basis. But I can't deal with English language shouting and denigrating which IMHO should not be allowed in the first place.  

Constructively meant.

XXHighEnd (developer)

1 hour ago, manueljenkin said:

they measure far more stuff (including field curvature effects) and try to check out causations but I have seldom encountered them basing everything of a device by mere synthetic tests numbers.

This is a good example of something which can be explained much better:

It won't accidentally be your interest, but suppose you look for the best tele optics for Sony FF, you could be comparing 70-200mm 2.8, 400mm 2.8 and 600mm 4.0. The latter two cost a small car.

Each of them are rated the very best, hence there's not much difference (if at all) between them, measurement wise. Obviously the 70-200mm is shorter (and not really what I'm after) and the 600mm is too long physically. so I would want the 400mm (at the same weight of the 600mm). But despite the fact I could get an occasion close to half of the price (with thus the difference of half of the small car) I let it go, because all the pictures I see from it everywhere, have the same gray-ish look over it compared to both the 70-200mm and 600mm.

Nobody, wherever, talks about this. In single judgment of this objective (haha) you wouldn't be able to see it. But in comparison it is easily visible. You and everybody else would see it too, possibly with having an advantage because I just pointed it out.

Eyes don't lie and they allow communication.

Maybe some wise-ass can show me the measurements that point this out. Ah wait, they don't even need to exist because we can just see it. Hmm.

Still, how would these measurements go about ? How would we compare this outside of steady state (ahem) which this inherently is ?

1 hour ago, March Audio said:

Narrow input range steady state?  Please explain in detail what this misses?

Trust your ears eyes !

XXHighEnd (developer)

Just some general OT for those who are interested.

PDI

On-topic (I hope):

9 minutes ago, Teresa said:

While the ear / brain system can be tricked in the short-term, I don't believe it can be tricked in the long-term.

100% agreed.

XXHighEnd (developer)

25 minutes ago, idiot_savant said:

@manueljenkin - I would contend that randomly writing numbers into a pagefile while copying to memory is right on the edge of "doing nothing" and "doing something pointless".

You like betting, right ?

What about 10K euros that similar stuff in my playback software is

a. doing things so close to the edge of nothing that it is audible by even you;

b. and is doing it so pointless that when you lose #a, there's another 10K at stake for the case that you can not show this by measurement of any hardware device which can be bought for under 50K euros. Make that GBP so I will be on the safe side of that somewhat more.

I will pay for your trip and will treat you with a lot of food, drinks and fun.

Btw, this has been done already by @manisandher and our official late Troll - tagged Troll, but I guess this is well known by now. The Troll lost. Plus his analyser was too cheap (which was my prediction - same as I do now).

image.png.c7d2a6e529a0917ad3919601f20d0035.png

Something else is that your quite formal predecessor though from mere microwave order, never took up a similar bet. And he was from the UK ... so, strange. Below is an excerpt from him, who always liked to battle for the battle (only ?), but somehow this was from the time when all was more civilized (while it was from the time that A/S almost collapsed from hostility - so go figure.

On 8/26/2019 at 2:35 PM, marce said:

I did all the UK City and Guilds exams in analogue TV at the local tech collage on a night, just passed part 3 as digital YV,s came out... LOL

We use this for critical power:

https://www.quadrasol.co.uk/eda/eda-products/cadstar-power-integrity-advance/

the rf/microwave stuff is usually comes from microwave office or similar and is transferred to the PCB as a DXF.

Decoupling is fun, with BGA's tend to use caps directly on the pads on the opposite side with filled through via's, its all in the detail and getting a low impedance loop through the cap and pins. I have seen decouplers at the edge of a BGA, connected with 0.1mm tracks several mm's long!

Marce was totally sure that nothing-audio could ever change because of his microwave knowledge. But so strange ... a typical example of someone who probably did not even have a stereo.

XXHighEnd (developer)