On 5/30/2021 at 8:48 AM, RunHomeSlow said:

If you have your playlists saved somewhere you can just click the three dots to import all at one time...

Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 8.47.04 AM.png

Yes… you have a question?

If You Got Ears, You Gotta Listen ‚Äď Captain Beefheart

MacMini, i5, 2.5GHz, SSD, 16Gb, 10.15.7 > Audirvana Studio 1.2 > Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition >
Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series > Audirvana Remote > iPhone 11

2 hours ago, audiojerry said:

I have been trying out AS for a couple of weeks. Sounds great, but user interface is disappointing, and has too many bugs to list.

What is most disappointing is the lack apparent lack of concern from the company. There seems to be no interest by the company to respond to or address any issues currently being raised by users.  They make a big show around the launch of an "exciting new product", offer a 30 day trial, and then they disappear. 

It feels like a desperate attempt to generate income with no long term planning for support or to even be around in the near future. Has Audirvana appointed no one to monitor this forum or Audirvana'a own forum to respond to all the many concerns?    

11 hours ago, audiojerry said:

I have been trying out AS for a couple of weeks. Sounds great, but user interface is disappointing, and has too many bugs to list.

What is most disappointing is the lack apparent lack of concern from the company. There seems to be no interest by the company to respond to or address any issues currently being raised by users.  They make a big show around the launch of an "exciting new product", offer a 30 day trial, and then they disappear. 

It feels like a desperate attempt to generate income with no long term planning for support or to even be around in the near future. Has Audirvana appointed no one to monitor this forum or Audirvana'a own forum to respond to all the many concerns?    

The problem remains that Audirvana is a very small company, while not a one man show any more with Damien, I think they basically only have a very small handful of people working on these releases. I had some reactions by Damien, the owner, directly on their Community forum. 

I expect the trial to be given some extension time given that the remote isn't out there yet. 

16 hours ago, greyscale said:

AS version 1.3 released.ūüėÄ

After upgrading I still have stuttering problems. I also could not see the problems Damien solved in this new version.

@Musicophile¬†I agree but I suggested to everyone earlier that I have had the best luck with emailing SUPPORT ie [email protected] very rapid concise responses unlike any other service especially ROON and YOU may have even suggested that to me‚ÄĒ- have a nice weekend and loved your response to RunHomeSlow !! It does look like a toilet bowl ¬†bobbmd

As all you know, i am still waiting for the Remote, but i couldnt stand and did the subscription, i have still some lags while opening quboz playlist albums, and when i selected one album and want to turn my album's  playlist , software takes me all against to the start of my playlist not to albums that also a bug, the lag is same at tidal and qobuz, it takes time to load my playlist albums.

And do you know when is REMOTE is coming ?

On 6/2/2021 at 1:30 AM, mevdinc said:

My take on Studio vs 3.5:

To be honest, I was very hesitant about the Studio version and was just waiting to see how things would develop.
I had cancelled my Qobuz subscription a couple months ago and have been waiting for Spotify hires streaming service.  I was disappointed with Audirvana Studio offering subscription only and  with no hope of Spotify connect etc.

But yesterday a great audiophile friend of mine called me about the comparison he’d made between the 3.5 and the Studio versions. He was just gobsmacked by the overwhelming differences and he just couldn’t believe that the Studio version sounded so much better! He has a great HiFi shop and is well known and respected. I had actually convinced him to try Audirvana 3.5 a few years ago.

My friend’s enthusiasm got me excited too and I just had to try it myself. So, I renewed my Qobuz subscription and started the Studio trial to make my own comparisons.
In short; I must say the Studio version sounds much better, it really does. Better sound stage, more detail and bigger bass too.
All the settings are identical, no upsampling, nothing. Both streaming and local playback sound better with the Studio.

I have no idea what Damien did but to me Studio sounds great.¬†ūüėÄ

It looks like I will bite the bullet for Studio but first I need to see a remote app soon and a more stable version. And the new playlist manager, sorry but I don't like it at all; it just clatters the already very busy screen and it's not very easy to use. I use playlists a lot for choosing what to listen to and it was great on the left with the other stuff.

A quick update:

Audirvana always improved slightly somehow with each release or sounded different, but my friend's enthusiasm and my quick test results needed further confirmation.

So, I decided to run further tests to make sure that I was doing a proper apples to apples comparison.
And I discovered that there was a major discrepancy between the settings of 3.5 and Studio.

Because of my left ear problem, I was using AUGraphicEQU to reduce the volume of some of the frequencies by around 2-3 dB, which was missing on Studio version.
As a result, the effect I was getting was a slight volume boost on certain frequencies (mostly mid to low), hence my description of bigger bass/sound on Studio.
I will visit my friend and also double check his settings.
In effect, what I experienced was similar to the initial impression of the MQA format (+3 dB boost) that impresses people, which I find fatiguing after awhile. That's why I stopped using MQA a long time ago.

I wanted to share this as I wouldn't want to mislead people with false claims. To me, both 3.5 and Studio sound very similar.

Audirvana+3.0 / Qobuz Studio / Mac Mini (256GB SSD - 16GB RAM)

Lindemann Musicbook: 20 DSD, ATC EL 150ASL

Merci for all the information here. I am tempted to purchase Studio, although 3.5 does everything I need it to.

I have been using Pine Player but the one thing I do not like is full screen art display is not available.

Pierre

@jas‚ÄĒ I agree !! @damien78

NOW to everyone else/@damien 3 or 78 (or what ever number you are now)why¬†do you have an annoying flywheel when you use that annoying ‚Äėnavigator‚Äô/‚Äėeditor‚Äô to get to your library and playlists you have made on TIDAL and Qobuz?? AND why does it take so long if you click a playlist to get it to appear again with flywheel going ‚Äėround and ‚Äėround‚Äô same goes if you want to trash something. This to me is a huge PIA on 3.5.46 everything was at your beck and call immediately in a column on left hand side‚ÄĒwhy do you have to use that martini glass icon at top center???

Opaque, buggy, unelegant UI.

Greedy short term business model

Hardly any meaningful development -- which would require an active dialogue (seemingly virtually absent) between user base and the developer.

I wish it would not sound so good; then I could forget about it.

@kerisabe couldn‚Äôt agree more with you also ie sounds and running etc BUT it‚Äôs getting there that‚Äôs a pain I have a late 2012 Mac mini i7 16GB RAM with new Samsung SSD sort of like yours and the SQ is marvelous just other STUFF that bothers me hopefully @damien78¬†and support @audirvana.com will make things ‚Äėsmoother‚Äô

17 minutes ago, bobbmd said:

@kerisabe couldn‚Äôt agree more with you also ie sounds and running etc BUT it‚Äôs getting there that‚Äôs a pain I have a late 2012 Mac mini i7 16GB RAM with new Samsung SSD sort of like yours and the SQ is marvelous just other STUFF that bothers me hopefully @damien78¬†and support @audirvana.com will make things ‚Äėsmoother‚Äô

Noted @bobbmd , i took off the internal plastic skeleton that holds the hdd drives (no internal drives/storage) other than the sd card. By taking off the plastic skeleton, it means no more ir sensor and no more led light (the white led light when powering on/off). You should give it a try, i hear a big sq improvement when taking it off. 

lots of oyaide mwa-010 tape inside the mini plus a shunmook mpingo disc between the motherboard and top cover that really made the sound bloomed.

apology for being OT ūüôŹ