56 minutes ago, Torq said:

Yes.

It adds a "MUSICBRAINZ_TRACKID" tag to each file.

Is it possible that the tag imposes a sonic signature on the file as well?

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

1 minute ago, matthias said:

Matt

Change the spelling of an artist's name in your metadata: from "Rolling Stones" to "The Rolling Stones," for example. Think that changes the sound?

These files have standard locations for metadata separate from the audio information specifically so that audio is unaffected.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> wi-fi to router -> EtherREGEN -> microRendu -> USPCB -> ISO Regen (powered by LPS-1) -> USPCB -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC -> Spectral DMC-12 & DMA-150 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

8 minutes ago, matthias said:

Matt

No. The tag is just a reference to info in the Musicbrainz database.

mQa is dead!

I compared my backup files (cloned with Carbon Copy Cloner) with the files that have been imported into Studio.  I have not done a backup since I started Studio, so the backup files do not include the MusicBrainz tag information.  However, there is a bunch of other info in this field such as dynamic range, peak level, ReplayGain, etc.  I certainly did not populate this field, so has Audirvana been writing to my files in 3.5 as well?

So, no user’s manual? At least I did not find any. So 3 simple questions that I would appreciate being answewred.

1. I am a 3.5 user so with that in mind;

Audirvana remote not connecting to my MacBook Pro via my network, no code appears in the Mac…

2. I cannot find anything related or that mentions Library. I have my music in an external drive connected to the Mac.So what am I missing?

3. And was able to play Qobuz, but I don’t see how to see the list of tracks in the album.. and pick any of them. It only plays the first track endedsly…

thanks,

13 minutes ago, aaron8489 said:

However, there is a bunch of other info in this field such as dynamic range, peak level, ReplayGain, etc.  I certainly did not populate this field, so has Audirvana been writing to my files in 3.5 as well?

If it did, it's an optional thing ... I think you have to turn on volume leveling and/or initiate the "Albums Replay Gain analysis" process, as those tags are used for Replay Gain, and are not present in my files.

12 minutes ago, Manolo47 said:

So, no user’s manual? At least I did not find any. So 3 simple questions that I would appreciate being answewred.

1. I am a 3.5 user so with that in mind;

Audirvana remote not connecting to my MacBook Pro via my network, no code appears in the Mac…

The remote is coming.  A workaround I use for the moment is the free version of RealVNC.

2. I cannot find anything related or that mentions Library. I have my music in an external drive connected to the Mac.So what am I missing?

Your local music is shown in the Local area on the bottom left of the screen (at least it's this way in Windows).

3. And was able to play Qobuz, but I don’t see how to see the list of tracks in the album.. and pick any of them. It only plays the first track endedsly…

thanks,

To the right of the Play, etc., buttons, there's an icon that if you mouse over it says "Show play queue." Click that.  The track repeat is a bug that affects some people at least some of the time (usually using UPnP/DLNA - are you?).

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> wi-fi to router -> EtherREGEN -> microRendu -> USPCB -> ISO Regen (powered by LPS-1) -> USPCB -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC -> Spectral DMC-12 & DMA-150 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Kudos to those giving Studio a try. I only adopted and paid for AV 3.5 a month or so ago, so I was in no rush to try anything new from a value perspective.

The metadata issue is a real concern as I have put a lot of time and effort into tagging my files manually. I have a lot of albums that were produced as CDs in the early to late 80s that have specific masterings and are tagged as such, in some cases I keep multiple versions of particular albums. I'd hate to have that screwed up.

I have to say I'm loving the new look and the installation went without a hitch except for a whole day of analysing. One problem I do have is the inability to use more than 1 computer. I have AS installed on my listening system as well as in my studio where I use it to reference tracks. AS says I have to disable one to use the other. I never use them at the same time and for close to NZ$100 I hope this changes or its back to 3.5 for me.

2 minutes ago, Gonzbull said:

One problem I do have is the inability to use more than 1 computer. I have AS installed on my listening system as well as in my studio where I use it to reference tracks. AS says I have to disable one to use the other.

That's how Roon is set up. You have to unauthorize one to use another. How else can they insure you aren't sharing your account?

see my system at Audiogon  https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/768

On the whole, I don't think it's worthwhile to compare AS to Roon.  However, I agree with Gonzbull on the use of two computers.  On Roon, I can have the core on one computer and then use any other computer as a remote device.  It's actually not a remote because it's the exact same interface as on the core.  I'm not sure why AS can't emulate that.

Roon is a very different situation.

You can only have one Core logged in at a time, but you can have any number of clients and end-points, all controlling and playing different things, in different places, at the same time.  Just has to be on the same network.

Once license covers all of the devices and users in my home simultaneously.

If I wanted to use Audirvana Studio for just TWO different users, suddenly Roon is cheaper (among other things).

I would appreciate some advice.  I use a dedicated late 2012 Mac Mini; I have not upgraded the OS since El Capitan to maintain the ability to easily use Direct Mode.  Is the sound quality for the new Audirvana Studio significantly better than Audirvana 3.5? If not, I'm probably content to stick with the status quo for the time being.  Thanks for your thoughts...

33 minutes ago, Torq said:

Roon is a very different situation.

You can only have one Core logged in at a time, but you can have any number of clients and end-points, all controlling and playing different things, in different places, at the same time.  Just has to be on the same network.

Once license covers all of the devices and users in my home simultaneously.

If I wanted to use Audirvana Studio for just TWO different users, suddenly Roon is cheaper (among other things).

Exactly my sentiments. I’m a composer/sound designer and I use a lot of software. This is a first for me where I have to jump through this hoop. 

57 minutes ago, Gonzbull said:

oon is a very different situation.

Oh, I see the issue you are talking about. If I can't use Audirvana to stream to multiple devices and have more than one user at a time I'll have to pass

1 hour ago, Gonzbull said:

I have to say I'm loving the new look and the installation went without a hitch except for a whole day of analysing. One problem I do have is the inability to use more than 1 computer. I have AS installed on my listening system as well as in my studio where I use it to reference tracks. AS says I have to disable one to use the other. I never use them at the same time and for close to NZ$100 I hope this changes or its back to 3.5 for me.

Yes, it's only using both simultaneously that is prohibited. So a bit of a pain, but not impossible: To switch you go to your account page.

25 minutes ago, Jud said:

Yes, it's only using both simultaneously that is prohibited. So a bit of a pain, but not impossible: To switch you go to your account page.

Indeed that is a pain. It seems I have to operate both computers as I have to disable one first then log in and enable the other. It can’t be done from just one machine. 

1 hour ago, Gonzbull said:

Indeed that is a pain. It seems I have to operate both computers as I have to disable one first then log in and enable the other. It can’t be done from just one machine. 

I don't know if both have to be on (unlike Roon where you can de-authorize a core from any other core ), but if they do you can easily control one computer from another with screen sharing on a Mac or a  VNC program like TeamViewer on any computer. I know not the seamless solution you are looking for, but you can do it from one machine. 

25 minutes ago, bbosler said:

I don't know if both have to be on (unlike Roon where you can de-authorize a core from any other core ), but if they do you can easily control one computer from another with screen sharing on a Mac or a  VNC program like TeamViewer on any computer. I know not the seamless solution you are looking for, but you can do it from one machine. 

Wouldn't that be a nice function to build into the new remote?