IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

I’ve been using Audirvana since its beginnings. At first I needed some simple player able to play both flac and alac files. It was almost 10 years ago.

I went on with audirvana because it sounds good and still has this versatile use with everything fitting in : streaming, local files of whatever type, etc.

I tried roon, didn’t see any improvement over audirvana worth the price. 

Now, the choice with going on with audirvana is about sound quality with the new version.

Will SQ get better with the new version ?

Will I need to keep on susbcribing to use it ? Is it useless if I stop paying ? Or just limited like not offering streaming or unable to add tracks ?

Do plugins and room correction still feature in the new version ?

I’m a bit cautious and waiting for many feedbacks to know what the new version features and limitations will be compared for its new pricing. Will it still deliver the same services for these 70€ per year ?

Mac Mini server running Audirvana+

SOtM SMS-200 neo ultra w/ external clock output linked to a tX-USBhubEX 
SOtM SPS-500 powering both streamer and USB reclocker with Ghent Audio Y DC cable

Wyred4Sound DAC2DSDse w/femto clock

Audia flight FL TWO

B&W CM10S2

4 hours ago, jhwalker said:

Pretty brutal reaction on the Facebook livestream to the "subscription only" model :/

Heh, the comments were brutal in general, ranging from inaccurate (there was a comment 3.5 had not been upgraded at all in many months, not true) to ridiculous (comments that people would not purchase without a live demo during the video, when a month's free trial is being offered that will obviously tell you more about how the software works for you than watching someone else run it on video for 5 minutes).

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

44 minutes ago, JoeWhip said:

Personally, I have no issue with the subscription model. It really isn’t that much. I have been using A+ since about 2013 and have really enjoyed it. I really don’t stream much and use it to play my local files. I will check out the trial version for a month. If it sounds better, I am in. The SQ is all that interests me. 

With the Kernel Streaming option for Win 10 users it may sound very good but as I remember from my JPlay days it was very difficult to get working and keep working. Hopefully they have that ironed out. I don't know about the Mac OS version. Please let us know what you think.

56 minutes ago, Jud said:

Roon lifetime $500.  HQPlayer license $245. That's about 11 years' subscription for those upgrading from 3.5, several years longer if HQPlayer undergoes a version upgrade in the next 11 years (reasonable possibility). And if Roon eliminates the lifetime subscription (which most products do after an initial period to build up capital), Audirvana is always less.

I think Roon/HQP remains the gold standard and will cost more gold as well. :)

The radio stations have been requested for years on the Audirvana forum, so that is a welcome addition.  The kernel streaming option will be interesting to check out, and I couldn't hear the name on the recording but there is also a second upsampler being added besides SOX, fwiw.

There's been so many negative comments regarding the new subscription model; I can't wait to demo this and see what's new.  I don't mind a reasonable cost attached if it brings value.  

I still have the emails from some site called Computer Audiophile about thread updates for the new OSX audiophile player Audirvana, back in 2011. 🙂

1 hour ago, airdronian said:

The radio stations have been requested for years on the Audirvana forum, so that is a welcome addition.  The kernel streaming option will be interesting to check out, and I couldn't hear the name on the recording but there is also a second upsampler being added besides SOX, fwiw.

r8brain.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

12 hours ago, Gilles said:

I have a 2011 MacBook Pro running A3.5 and High Sierra, can't run a more recent OS on this computer.

I listened to the Facebook Live and did not hear how long they will support 3.5 and which is the oldest OS they will support.

Audirvana's website has also not been updated with their new offering.

Does anyone has a clue?

i've got a 2009 MBP running Catalina.Its pretty straightforward with a software programme that does it all for you.

13 hours ago, Russell_L said:

Will it have the ability to have multiple libraries (NOT using them at the same time)?  In iTunes/Apple Music, there’s an option to select which library you want to use upon launch of the app. AFAIK, you can’t do this with 3.5 (not easily, at least) and it would be great if this feature were in Studio.

Pure Music in combination with Apple Music is also coming out with a new version. Although I love Audirvana, it can be a replacement for Audirvana users price wise.

4 hours ago, pl_svn said:

sorry... nope! 100$ (I'm rounding it up) every two or three years is "significantly" less than 70$/year

this "subscriptions are at user's convenience" BS is... well... just BS 😛

hope, at least, there will also be a lifetime option (as in Roon) or my Audirvana journey ends here

(actually... it already ended five years ago, when I subscribed Roon lifetime. only been using Audirvana, since, as an emergency backup or, on my laptop, when away from home)

this new version looks to me as a poor man's Roon, sorry 😶

I can understand the subscription yearly/monthly, but a price just below the 50/5 euro would be a far better starting point, because we not very sure about the new and upgraded quality’s and Audirvana’s price was always a good selling point.

4 minutes ago, jos said:

I can understand the subscription yearly/monthly, but a price just below the 50/5 euro would be a far better starting point, because we not very sure about the new and upgraded quality’s and Audirvana’s price was always a good selling point.

I have a feeling that a price of 50 would’ve had people saying a price of 30 would be a better starting point. 😁

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png