IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

20 minutes ago, LarryMagoo said:

Has anyone here compared Qobuz to their own rips?   FWIW, I find Qobuz seems to boost the bottom end a little compared to my own rips....Anyone? 

I frequently use Qobuz to find new music and then purchase the disc in order to get better sound quality. I have found the difference to be subtle -  at the high end, tighter bottom and something a little more spacious in the sound stage. All subtle, but noticeable enough (on some recordings more than others) that I pay the extra money. (I also prefer the subtle sound improvement of foreign disc pressings - British, German and Japanese...)

MacMini Quad i7/Audirvana Studio/USBridge DigiOne Signature Player/Schiit Yggdrasil GS/Aragon Palladium 1 amplifiers/Stacked Energy 22 speakers (Reference Connoisseur on bottom & Pro 22 on top) set tweeter to tweeter/Kimber Monocle XL speaker wires/Straightwire Crescendo & Virtuoso IC/Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofers

• 1 year later...
On 12/15/2022 at 12:53 PM, matthias said:

You might be right. AS seems to be made for Macs with Mx chips.

Matt

I thought that Audirvana may have added something to the new version:

"The software and its playback engine have been optimized in the latest 2.1 update for both Windows and MacOS, taking advantage of the latest capabilities available on both environments. This applies to all Windows computers, and Macs updated to MacOS Ventura."

I upgraded my newer Intel MBP to Ventura, but did not notice any difference between it and the 2012 i7 Mini (Catalina). 

Anyone hear a difference with either Venture or the Apple chips?

MacMini Quad i7/Audirvana Studio/USBridge DigiOne Signature Player/Schiit Yggdrasil GS/Aragon Palladium 1 amplifiers/Stacked Energy 22 speakers (Reference Connoisseur on bottom & Pro 22 on top) set tweeter to tweeter/Kimber Monocle XL speaker wires/Straightwire Crescendo & Virtuoso IC/Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofers