IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE

WORLDWIDE LAUNCH OF AUDIRVĀNA STUDIO

For its 10th anniversary, Audirvāna will benefit from a total makeover and launch Audirvāna Studio on 16 May 2021: a major evolution of its HD audio playback software now offered as a subscription.

Information under embargo until Sunday 9 May 18:00 CET

Paris, May 9 2021

Today at 6pm Paris time, during a Facebook Live Audirvāna founder and CEO Damien Plisson will unveil the new Audirvāna Studio, a complete overhaul of his HD audio playback software, enriched with numerous new features. It will be available on May 16 only as a subscription service for US$69.99 per year, or US$6.99 per month(1), and will be constantly evolving and improving. The previous version 3.5 of the software will no longer be available.

Founded in Paris in 2011, Audirvāna is a French company that publishes and markets a software of the same name: "the best way to play music from a computer". It has developed and improved a unique technology over time, forging the ultimate digital audio playback software for all music professionals and enthusiasts, and a solution to manage and organize one's music whether it comes from a local music library or an HD streaming service (such as Tidal or Qobuz). Its software is available for MacOS and Windows 10 and comes with a free mobile Remote app compatible with iOS and Android devices.

A MAJOR EVOLUTION OF THE AUDIRVĀNA SOFTWARE

Always at the forefront of audio performance on a computer, Audirvāna Studio exclusively offers Kernel streaming mode on Windows 10: an incredibly transparent playback mode, as close as possible to the machine language. This avoids all intermediate software layers. Mac users are not left out as Audirvāna Studio is already natively compatible with Apple Silicon and makes the most of Apple's latest generation of processors in terms of audio performance. An additional oversampling algorithm, "R8Brain", has also been added to allow users more options in optimizing the interaction with their system and converter.

The user experience and interface have also been thoroughly redesigned, taking into account the numerous suggestions received by customers during a major survey conducted last year.

(1)69,99 € or 6,99 € per month | 64,99 £ or 6,49 £ per month | 8.990¥ or 899¥ per month.

BACK IN BLACK

Many new features have been added, including:

• Mixed favorites and playlists, combining local music and music from streaming services • An access to more than 120,000 Internet radio stations and podcasts
• An enhanced metadata editor including an online metadata recovery function
• A unique playlist editor for easier navigation

• Faster and more intuitive smart search in all sources
• A playback console giving an overview and access to all advanced audio settings • In-app assistance explaining all possible settings
• An HD track profile checker to evaluate files of presumed high-resolution quality • A new version of the Remote application for mobile devices (iOS and Android)

A SERVICE NOW ONLY OFFERED BY SUBSCRIPTION

Audirvāna Studio will now only be offered as a subscription service at a price of for US$69.99 per year, or US$6.99 per month(1), and with no commitment. This will significantly lower the access price to the software. This choice, which breaks with the perpetual license model of previous versions, marks a strong desire to provide a constantly improving service to all its customers – with no need to pay for updates every 2 or 3 years -, in line with the increasingly rapid changes in computer environments and quality support.

Current users of versions 2 and 3.5 will be able to test the new software and receive a preferred rate to adopt Audirvāna Studio before the end of July 2021 while most recent license purchasers will be offered a no-cost conversion of their purchase to a subscription.

A NEW BRAND IDENTITY

To mark the opening of a new chapter in the brand's history, its visual identity is also evolving: Audirvāna is now spelled with a "long A," like Nirvāna in Sanskrit, emphasizing the original meaning of the name and the quest for perfection and absoluteness that it embodies. The new logo, simpler and more readable, is accompanied by a symbol that is both technical and spiritual, freely inspired by the "ajna" and its mantra "Om": the original sound.

ABOUT AUDIRVĀNA

Audirvāna was founded by Damien Plisson, a very talented French developer, trained at Ecole Centrale and UCLA, acknowledged as an expert among the audiophile community. Since its launch, Audirvāna has become “THE reference in audiophile playback software on Mac” (WHAT HIFI -2017). It is also available on Windows 10 since mid 2018. Its sound quality and reliability have also won over sound engineers. Audirvāna has received many awards, such as the “Audio Excellence Award 2016” from the Japanese magazine Audio Accessory, the “Exceptional Product – 5 Stars Award” from iCreate magazine in September 2017 as well as the "Remarkable" price of the VUmètre journal in 2018.

PressRelease_AudirvanaStudioUS.pdf

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

4 minutes ago, jos said:

I can understand the subscription yearly/monthly, but a price just below the 50/5 euro would be a far better starting point, because we not very sure about the new and upgraded quality’s and Audirvana’s price was always a good selling point.

I have a feeling that a price of 50 would’ve had people saying a price of 30 would be a better starting point. 😁

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 hour ago, pl_svn said:

nope 2!

purchased Roon lifetime 3 days after starting the free trial. was 5 years ago so... ;)

You do realize that if you paid for Audirvana as a subscription on the day you "purchased" Roon, you still wouldn't even be close to spending as much on Audirvana as you have on Roon right?

1 minute ago, Jud said:

Unless of course you think you can hear an audible difference between your favored player upsampling to 192 and the chip in the Berkeley doing it, in favor of the player, and (1) the player and the Berkeley supported 192 resolution at the relevant input, or (2) you had a digital/digital converter like the one available for the Berkeley.

The Berkeley internally upsamples to I believe either 8fs or 16fs. There's no way to get around that. I think using one filter on the outside and a different filter on the inside is a bridge too far for me :~)

6 minutes ago, LarryMagoo said:

Sorry Chris you read a few folks who are having issues about the new update.   Out of 300,000 subscribers….there is bound to be a combo of streamers, networks and computers to have a few issues.

I keep a real simple chain, with no network involved short of software updates.  From all the other pathetic software music players I have tried, Roon has literally no competition!

In my 5th year as a subscriber, the combination of Organization, Features for listening, tagging, and finding wonderful new music by way of Roon Radio.   When you add the Roon Community and all the interesting tidbits of info you pick just adds to the music enjoyment.   When you pull up an album….it’s just like back in the day when I bought vinyl and you to hang out in records stores…..All types of info on the artist careers, background and such like liner notes from Albums….there are writers who write about the artist background prior to what ever album you have….. 

I could go on about how I listen to 10X more music than I did using the other players and the ever pathetic iTunes…..I get way more enjoyment and quality music than when I used to waste my time putting vinyl discs on my VPI cleaner, dragging out my lovely alcohol solution…..doing the scrub and vacuum dance then trying to decide …hmm..Whole album or just one cut….sheesh ….Roon is the way for me!

No worries. I’m happy that your happy.