IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

Anyone had any experience running the Audirvana Studio on a non M1 mac mini with High Sierra (which is the least requirenment)? How does it sound compared to the old Audirvana 3.5? 

Im currently running my Audirvana 3.5 on El Capitan. 

Ordering another SD card to do a High Sierra install so I could try Audirvana Studio on my tweaked 2014 mini. 

Two those who are interested, finally had a chance to sit down and properly compared audirvana 3.5 + optimized el capitan on sd card and AS + “almost” optimized Catalina on sd card, both using upnp out, no upsampling with sys optimizer, wow the new AS sounds denser, thicker, more analog and more musical wasnt expecting that at all, but I feel the music runs a tad faster on the AS? 

2 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

They mostly not complaining about the sound  :)

haha! Since I also use Studio strictly for streaming online in the mean time without trying to integrate my offline collection yet. I'm very surprised people kept talking about the bad things and NONE regarding the upgrade in SQ. 

@RunHomeSlowbtw this is abit of off topic but I saw you are running 10.15.7 OS, and was wondering if you have any success deleting the OS "built-in" apps? I was using a leaned out El Capitan to run Audirvana 3.5 and just recently got another SD Card to be able to compare and separately install another OS to be able to run Studio which is the 10.15.7 (couldnt get High Sierra)

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, bobbmd said:

@kerisabe couldn’t agree more with you also ie sounds and running etc BUT it’s getting there that’s a pain I have a late 2012 Mac mini i7 16GB RAM with new Samsung SSD sort of like yours and the SQ is marvelous just other STUFF that bothers me hopefully @damien78 and support @audirvana.com will make things ‘smoother’

Noted @bobbmd , i took off the internal plastic skeleton that holds the hdd drives (no internal drives/storage) other than the sd card. By taking off the plastic skeleton, it means no more ir sensor and no more led light (the white led light when powering on/off). You should give it a try, i hear a big sq improvement when taking it off. 

lots of oyaide mwa-010 tape inside the mini plus a shunmook mpingo disc between the motherboard and top cover that really made the sound bloomed.

apology for being OT 🙏

@erikdi think it is got nothing to do with AS software, but on the renderer hardware/programming and the compatibility of it with AS. When Goldnote DS-10 was released i also had that problem streaming upnp from 3.5, and now with the empirical audio interchange network renderer, no problem at all. 

3 hours ago, ilkeresmer said:

The sound is really amazing, i am getting really good analog sound with the Studio, i have Emm Labs XDS1 V3 DA2 Dac, just missing Remote and waiting it with passion :) , i get my subscription nothing need to wait :)

Ditto!

Also getting a really good analog sound out of my Empirical Audio ODSX & Interchange Network Renderer. It's quite amazing. Happily subscribed a couple days ago ;)