IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

The new MusicBrainz functionality is also very glitchy. Suddenly AS shows metadata on my tracks that I have not asked for. See artist here, this is not how I have tagged them:

877301685_ScreenShot2021-05-18at12_37_53.thumb.png.3650c9d424e642761fda7d360aeeb5b1.png

But then with some reloading of the view and opening the folder in Finder, all tracks are suddenly displayed again how I tagged them:

1705011637_ScreenShot2021-05-18at12_38_44.thumb.png.785889cb80386d3ca805097b9a57d5e7.png

I don't want AS to override my own tagging. But maybe that's just a bug.

14 minutes ago, Jud said:

To be precise about what's happening: It isn't overriding or overwriting your information in the file. It's adding a tag, a MusicBrainz ID, that causes additional information about that track to be displayed to you. All of your own data is still there, and the only thing added is the MusicBrainz ID. But it's correct this isn't something people have asked for in advance.

Yes, I know that. I just don't like that AS displays metadata that I have not asked for. But as the tagging seem to correct itself after reloading of the view, I tend to think it's a bug. 

If I use the "Power of Two" (r8brain) or "Device maximum frequency" (both SoX and r8brain) upsampling settings, all 24/96 tracks become just loud, distorted noise. 16/44 upsamples fine. Anyone else?

Also, using SoX upsampling it cuts the last seconds of (some?) tracks. Just like Audirvana 3.5.

I'm giving up on AS. Not only the whole MusicBrainz fiasco and all the GUI bugs, now I'm having playback issues too. Some tracks refuse to play past specific positions. Playback stops and the DAC (Pre Box S2 Digital) is unusable until it's been restarted. Same tracks are playing just fine using 3.5.