IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

Though to my ears Studio with kernel streaming in W10 sounds significantly better than 3.5, I cannot believe Studio is sounding its best constantly analyzing the audio files, using about 15% of memory(total 32 gigs). Will it ever end?

System: Fedilizer Pro>Pareto Audio Server with both Audiolinux (Roon) and W10 (Audirvana Studio) OS's, currently using W10 (control via remote desktop with laptop)> Original (2015) Sonore Signature Series, BNC/SPDIF > Yggdrasil A2 > Pass Labs XA100 Monoblocks > Triton Reference Speakers (modified) >Tweeked CiscoSG110D-08 LAN Switch. Cabling: Canare LV-77S SPDIF, Kimber KS2026 XLR interconnects, Kimber KS3035 Speaker wires.

6 hours ago, jos said:

Stuttering was solved by disabling r8brain (deactivate).

@jos, how were you able to disable r8brain?

System: Fedilizer Pro>Pareto Audio Server with both Audiolinux (Roon) and W10 (Audirvana Studio) OS's, currently using W10 (control via remote desktop with laptop)> Original (2015) Sonore Signature Series, BNC/SPDIF > Yggdrasil A2 > Pass Labs XA100 Monoblocks > Triton Reference Speakers (modified) >Tweeked CiscoSG110D-08 LAN Switch. Cabling: Canare LV-77S SPDIF, Kimber KS2026 XLR interconnects, Kimber KS3035 Speaker wires.

@jos, been a long day. I know how to disable R8brain; thought you were referring to the ever running metadata program and got excited about the possibility of turning it off. Hopefully soon.

• 4 weeks later...

@Mike Rubin, what version are you using? I had that type of behavior with the original release of Studio, 1.0. It stopped here with the first update.

Mike, how much memory in your NUC? I'm using 32 gig in my W10 server; I wonder if that makes a difference to the stability of the Studio display?

• 4 weeks later...

Mike you also might want to talk to Larry at Pareto Audio. He built my W10 based server in January and it dramatically improved SQ. It's a dual boot system with Linux/Roon and W10/Audirvana. To my ears Audirvana sounds better. Here's the web address: https://paretoaudio.com/

• 4 months later...

How is the microRendu in combination with Audirvana Studio? Does it work reliably in conjunction with AS? 
I am thinking of replacing my Raspberry Pi 4 with a microRendu or an UltraRendu. Would you say a Rendu improves the sound over a Raspberry Pi running RopieeeXL?

As Jud said AS works well with the Rendu family, though there are occasional hiccups they don't occur very often and they are easy, here in my system, to resolve. For me, every once in a while AS looses connection with my dac, a Yggy. I just have to turn my Rendu off and on to resolve that problem. I'm not sure if that issue is a network problem or an AS problem but it happens so infrequently that I've never taken the time to figure it out.  Also, even less often, I have a problem with the data stream: suddenly a track skips, like a skipping record, in the same spot over and over. This happens every once in a while, maybe two or three times a year. Same solution though: turn the Rendu off and on and resume playing music. Generally I go weeks to months at a time between these issues. 

My Rendu, an original signature series, blew away my Allo Bridge, a Pi 3, running Volumio. If you can find an original signature series Rendu, usually around 1k on the used market, you should go for it. The built in power supply is simply the best. It's a legacy product now and it only outputs I2s via HDMI and SPDIF via BNC. Here's a link to the legacy page: https://sonore.us/legacy.html

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, skatbelt said:

Out of curiosity I am comparing Audirvana studio 1.8.5 to Roon and dCS Mosaic. I really like the sound quality but what I don't get is why Audirvana doesn't play gapless via Upnp. I am outputting to a dCS Network Bridge. I also get pops and ticks when switching between tracks. I tried different settings (additional latency etc.). Anyone with advice?

By gapless via Upnp do you mean you get drop outs while a track is playing? My server outputs to an older Sonore Signature Series  Rendu  via Upnp and I have neither dropouts or clicks and pops. I wonder if there is a setting in the dCS that might be the issue?

Thanks for the clarification and yes I have that same problem too, especially with classical with a series of short tracks.