IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

21 minutes ago, bbosler said:

People bitch about the price of it but  for the cost of 1 CD a month I get unlimited  access to millions of songs... millions.

Therein lies the ahem...problem / crux.  Millions upon millions of songs for basically free.  How that sits with everyone is different and really there is no right or wrong answer I suppose.  This is getting OT to the thread though.

My rig

I have similar question that @bbosler had.  I currently use dedicated Linux server with internal storage that run roon core.  I have a high end wkst (server2019) that runs HQP which then sends to my OR endpoint (via optical from network rack) then USB to DAC.

I could never get 3.5 to work, it never saw my OR (in DNLA mode, if I recall).  I asked the question here as well but no one ever chimed in.

I would really like to try Studio when its is available, any suggestions on how to get it to work in my config would be greatly appreciated.

My rig

10 minutes ago, Jud said:

Same answer.  Unless you wish to install and configure upmpdcli for yourself on your Linux machine (or try GentooPlayer or another UPnP/DLNA renderer and see if it works), then you can buy and use a microRendu for both HQP/NAA and Audirvana/UPnP/DLNA, switching between the two with a convenient web GUI.  The web GUI can be accessed from a smartphone browser, so you can switch back and forth from your listening position if you wish.

Thanks for the info, appreciated.  I'll have to digest the info a bit (not fimiliar with upmpdcli) but shouldn't Audirvana see my opticalRendu via DLNA (or whatever the ideal implementation is for an endpoint)?  Not sure the ref to a microRendu? 

My rig

9 hours ago, Jud said:

If you go to the web menu for the Optical Rendu, go to Apps and use the AppSwitcher to switch it to UPnP/DLNA; then go to the Settings, make sure UPnP/DLNA is set to output FLAC, and save that setting; and your Optical Rendu is connected to your DAC; then Audirvana's device menu (speaker icon on lower right) should see it.

I'm doing all this from memory, so someone correct me if I have any of that wrong.

Edit: Ah, missed what @The Computer Audiophile noticed. Do what he mentions also.

I'll give these settings a whirl, thanks

My rig

Install probs - Have the trail email, clicked the link, it goes to the AV site and nothing happens?  Retried the link, says account already exists.  Cant you just download the installer?   Not sure what / where to go at this point.  Maybe the servers are being max'd out.

My rig

44 minutes ago, Jud said:

That was an interim condition while the site was being brought online (at least for me). Have you tried again recently?

Yes, was now able to install.  Weird.  Cant "download" an installer per se, but is installed now. 👍

My rig