IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

I’ve been using Audirvana since its beginnings. At first I needed some simple player able to play both flac and alac files. It was almost 10 years ago.

I went on with audirvana because it sounds good and still has this versatile use with everything fitting in : streaming, local files of whatever type, etc.

I tried roon, didn’t see any improvement over audirvana worth the price. 

Now, the choice with going on with audirvana is about sound quality with the new version.

Will SQ get better with the new version ?

Will I need to keep on susbcribing to use it ? Is it useless if I stop paying ? Or just limited like not offering streaming or unable to add tracks ?

Do plugins and room correction still feature in the new version ?

I’m a bit cautious and waiting for many feedbacks to know what the new version features and limitations will be compared for its new pricing. Will it still deliver the same services for these 70€ per year ?

Mac Mini server running Audirvana+

SOtM SMS-200 neo ultra w/ external clock output linked to a tX-USBhubEX 
SOtM SPS-500 powering both streamer and USB reclocker with Ghent Audio Y DC cable

Wyred4Sound DAC2DSDse w/femto clock

Audia flight FL TWO

B&W CM10S2

21 hours ago, LarryMagoo said:

Try Roon.....you'll never look back!!   Audirvana could not carry Roon's jock strap!!!

Well, tried roon and it did deliver almost the same sound quality for a higher price! There wasn't any possible choice.

Mac Mini server running Audirvana+

SOtM SMS-200 neo ultra w/ external clock output linked to a tX-USBhubEX 
SOtM SPS-500 powering both streamer and USB reclocker with Ghent Audio Y DC cable

Wyred4Sound DAC2DSDse w/femto clock

Audia flight FL TWO

B&W CM10S2