IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

27 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I just ordered three CDs from the Three Blind Mice record label. Total cost with shipping was $72.62. A skosh more than a one year subscription to Audirvana. I know which purchase is harder to support, maintain, and keep updated from a manufacturer's point of view :~)

... and completely ignore how many people, venues, equipments and time are necessary to produce those CDs 🙄

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

12 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

If you really think they are amortizing the cost over 50 years or that the albums haven't been paid off for 40 years, then OK

you do know that for every well (and long) selling album there are at the very least 10 not so well or not at all ones, right? ;)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

@Musicophile Audirvana has always written ReplayGain data to files: should still be all it does 😬

headphones system:

2 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

clearly shows the addition of the MUSICBRAINZ_TRACKID tag

the "Do Not Dare Touching My Files" is among the longest standing, and never listened to, requests for Audirvana 🙄

headphones system:

15 minutes ago, Saffuria said:

Confirmed HD recording.

is that right?

AAC is lossy

headphones system:

10 hours ago, jtm said:

Yate doesn‘t do the job I am afraid.

Screenshot 2021-05-19 at 08.33.30.jpg

headphones system:

1 hour ago, jos said:

'Audirvāna Studio automatically import your favorites and playlists from the 3.5 version when you first start Audirvana Studio', but it didn't

right the same as what happened when migrating to 3.5 🙄😡

had to re-create many of mines from scratch, back then, as some exported/imported ones did not work

headphones system:

22 minutes ago, bbosler said:

Geekbench  results for a 2009 mac are around 400 single core and multicore 600, a Mac Mini M1 is 1700 and 7400. Time to move on

Audirvana, on a dedicated 2011 Mac Mini (quad core i7) never ever used more than 3% of processor (while playing)

headphones system:

7 minutes ago, lucretius said:

Annual subscription price in Canada is CAD $106.99, which is $83.64 USD (not $69.99 as it is for the US)

I believe original price is in Euros and gets converted to local currencies

if US price actually is $69.99/y... then it's unfair for europeans too 😶

Screenshot 2021-05-29 at 16.06.57.jpg

headphones system:

right: I always forget US prices are taxes excluded 🙄

headphones system:

• 1 month later...
On 7/25/2021 at 9:05 PM, Musicophile said:

Would love to be able to filter research results to local files only. Don't think it's possible at this point.

... can't search local files only in AS? 😳

🙄

headphones system:

12 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

I haven’t found a way yet

I wasn't, obviously, blaming it on you 😉

headphones system:

terrible Audirvana Studio trial's start: it hanged at "Start synching..." local music files, I guess. so I had to force quit (macOS)

my playlist and Qobuz account were there (not sure if all of my playlists)

but on relaunch... both disappeared 🙄

tried uninstalling everything (but the app itself) to no avail

how the... hell do I reset AS and make it start fresh so it re-imports my Plus 3.5 library and "settings/data"?

btw Damien... what about making it so preferences are saved (*written to preferences file*!) when closing preferences instead of when quitting the app? this "issue" (ok: it only is an issue if/when the app crashes) is there since... forever

btw... privileged access for 3.5 owners ends July 31: why? 😶

(given all the bugs/quirks and the long time it took for Remote to be released)

headphones system:

• 4 months later...

fired up A (Studio) after years without touching it anymore and... it sounds excellent indeed (default settings, to a Lumin U1 Mini)

though... finding my Qobuz playlists in A Remote was a nightmare and I've seriously been on the verge of giving up 🙄

headphones system:

... and four hours later new Qobuz  favourite (albums) are not showing yet in A Studio! 🙄

(added via Qobuz app on my MBP. A Studio runs on a different computer. they do show in Roon)

even pulling down, in Audirvana Remote, to refresh list they do not show

headphones system:

ok: new favourite albums are now showing as... there was an app update and subsequent relaunch (they only showed up after relaunch)

question: does Audirvana check my Qobuz account only when relaunched? 😶 no "refresh now" command? 🙄

(A Studio, here, runs on a dedicated headless Mac Mini and I control playback from an iPad)

oh... btw... when A relaunched after the update... had to re-enter my login/pw as the app claimed there was "no internet connection" 😡🤣🙄

headphones system:

... can't believe I have to relaunch Audirvana to see new Qobuz favourite albums (I use Qobuz app to find/add new stuff)

and, btw, every time I do it complains about "No Internet connection" and must quit/relaunch once more to enter my login/password

as I run Audirvana on an headless Mac Mini this is a true PITA!

🙄

headphones system:

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Dandou said:

Chord would not sell for them the M Scaler

as far as I recall Chord DACs do upsample internally to 1.5MHz before starting the actual digital/analogue conversion

I believe the MScaler, with its 1 million taps, just does a much better job

headphones system:

13 minutes ago, Dandou said:

They upsample to 768 KHz, and then convert to DSD512

right, 768KHz, not 1.5MHz (that was the Vega): sorry

though... are you sure about also converting to DSD? Rob Watts deeply dislikes DSD (he says it is an intrinsically limited format, whilst PCM is only limited by decoding costs/engineering)

Chord DACS, Dave apart I believe, all do convert (... decimate, as RW says) DSD to PCM

headphones system:

2 hours ago, Dandou said:

Yes, DSD is the format in which all Delta-Sigma DACs work

ok, but... Chord DACs are not delta-sigma 😉

and, btw, no Amanero USB receiver

headphones system:

🙄 Chord DACs are FPGA

their USB receiver is proprietary as just everything

headphones system:

5 minutes ago, Dandou said:

USB implementation sucks in these DACs

all you have said about Chord DACs so far is just wrong, so the above is either just your opinion or... one more of those wrong/uninformed assumptions, sorry

headphones system:

• 1 year later...

and forgive me one more question: why upsample to a Chord (mojo) Dac which does its own internal "extreme" upsampling (Rob Watts' advice is... don't!) and even more why to DSD that gets then decimated back to PCM?

headphones system: