IGNORED

Very Disappointed with Tekton Double Impacts

1 hour ago, bluesman said:

Your EVO is a wonderful amp that should get the most out of almost any speaker.

While I don't doubt your experience, all of the Prima Lunas' measurements I have seen have a fairly high output impedance.  This will lead to some frequency response changes based on the impedance of the Tekton's.  Where there are impedance peaks in the speaker there will be peaks in the output.  Of course this may have nothing to do with his dislike of them.  It is simply a factor that must be considered and makes system matching more important than ever.

With his ear, my first thought would be towards Harbeth or Spendor's "classic" range to see if their balance of strengths and weaknesses were more appealing.  For dynamics, the Klipsch will be great and he may fall in love, but I am nervous about truth to tone.  I would try to find the most truthful recording of one of his sax's and find a speaker with the best reproduction.

Bill

Labels assigned by CA members: "Cogley's ML sock-puppet," "weaponizer of psychology," "ethically-challenged," "professionally dubious," "machismo," "lover of old westerns," "shill," "expert on ducks and imposters," "Janitor in Chief," "expert in Karate," "ML fanboi or employee," "Alabama Trump supporter with an NRA decal on the windshield of his car," sycophant