IGNORED

Very Disappointed with Tekton Double Impacts

Hi Phil,

So you bought a pair of speakers unheard, and now you're ordering a different set, also unheard? This might not end up well...

I urge you to find a local dealer(s) where you can audition, and that offers home auditions and returns. Sure, you will be constrained to what makes and models they have on hand, but that's better than chasing and returning very heavy audiophile 'unicorns' imo. Even better is a dealer who has both new and used speakers and offers trade-ins - that way you can upgrade and swap without the hassle of internet selling and shipping. When I last auditioned speakers I was pretty surprised at the differences between them - the pair I initially went in for was soon at the bottom of the list and I ended up with a pair that cost less and sounded a whole lot better, but that was after listening to about six different pairs .

Best, Charles

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

13 minutes ago, PhilBarone said:

Okay, but they're not exactly beautiful to look at. P

IMO way better looking than the strange 'spider eyes' of the Tektons. But each to their own....

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

56 minutes ago, PhilBarone said:

Maybe you should tell me which speakers to buy if I don't like the Klipsch Fortes I just bought.  If they don't work out I'm considering the Harbeth but now we're getting into much more money.   

Our local Naim dealer also carries PrimaLuna. The speakers they carry are Spendor, Dynaudio, Harbeth, ATC and Audio Physics. I swear by my Audio Physics (they do a great disappearing act, highly musical and detailed, and aren't too concerned about the room) but could be hard to source for audition in the US. Harbeth's always a bit too polite for my taste, and ATC's are great but need a lot of power. Dynaudio I'm not familiar with and Spendor's divide lot of people. Lots and lots of other choices out there beyond that. But if the Klipsch's don't work you must go audition, and I wouldn't worry about the amp, anything tube or otherwise the dealer  has on hand would at least give you a good impression.