IGNORED

Very Disappointed with Tekton Double Impacts

10 hours ago, PhilBarone said:

Two weeks went buy and I called and spoke to a very nice women named “Connie” at which time she told me that they’d be shipping out in a few days and I did receive them a few days later by which I was very excited.  I hired a couple of guys to help me get them up the stairs of our place and set them up and boy, was I disappointed.  They weren’t complex sounding, lacked bass and highs and completely lacked definition.

If you were disappointed then you had high expectations.

Where did those expectations come from? Reading magazine reviews? Watching Youtube videos? Buying into all that forum hype?

Lesson learned the hard way unfortunately... Sorry.

The first recommendation I make to any newcomer to this hobby is to ignore reviews (they're mostly just a cross between an infomercial and an opinion-led tasting session), learn how to interpret measurements and to correlate them with listening, and listen, listen, listen.

Bying blind is too much of a gamble. Believing that magazines are there to help is a mistake.

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

2 hours ago, PhilBarone said:

This is some great advice, I printed it out but I haven't seen reviews that are like the ones you describe.  Where can I find them?  

Thank you! Phil

Try Mars...

1 hour ago, feelingears said:

t took a LONG f123456 time. But it finally was worth it. Highly recommended: Monitor Audio Silver 500 speakers are tremendous for the money. However, you ears and flooring may prefer spikes, rubber feet, or IsoAcoustic Gaias.

Or altogether different speakers. 😇