IGNORED

Hi Res lossless Music download

Hi guys,

could you please suggest me sites where to buy hires music that spans different genres, from pop to electronic, from rock to reggae and so on?

I'd like something, if possible, in uncompressed format and, possibly, not less that 24 Bit - 96 kHz.

Thank you so much!!!

Tony

I use these;

The biggest is HDTracks they have everything

and then you've got 

Tidal Master
Qobuz hires
7Digital 

The best Sound Quality imo are these 3 but maybe not your taste of music.

SOUND LIAISON.com is mainly jazz and blues with a few ambient meditation albums thrown in.

Nativedsd.com  mainly classical and jazz and a few singer song writers

trptk.com         classical and a few singer song writers

spacer.png

3 hours ago, PAP said:

I use these;

and then you've got 

Tidal Master
Qobuz hires
7Digital 

SOUND LIAISON.com is mainly jazz and blues with a few ambient meditation albums thrown in.

spacer.png

How are you downloading music from TIDAL?

No electron left behind.

https://store.tidal.com but it is only mp3 and FLAC 16/44.1 and by far the most expensive download store, but sometimes the only legal download source. In the case of FLAC, you can't be sure with TIDAL that there isn't a lossy MQA CD in the container.

With HDtrack.com, I'm not sure if it's still the biggest download store for high-res music and it doesn't have everything available in high-res in its catalog. For Europeans, the selection is rather limited. In any case, compared to Qobuz, it is also too expensive, especially if you have a Qobuz Sublime streaming subscription.

Another option for a cross-genre high-res download store is Highresaudio.com, in my experience the only major provider, not only in Europe, with largely reliable quality control.

@Tony GiglioUnfortunately, the vast majority of albums in the preferred genres you mentioned are released, if at all in high-res, then only in max. 24/44.1 or /48 by the labels in order not to throw the "crown jewels" on the market right away. These are then possibly available at some point as a "remaster", "deluxe edition" or similar. Better than in MQA "Masters" only but not really satisfying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2021 at 4:42 PM, PAP said:

I use these;

and then you've got 

Tidal Master
Qobuz hires
7Digital 

spacer.png

Thank you heaps man!!!! <3 <3 <3 

On 4/30/2021 at 10:23 PM, #Yoda# said:

https://store.tidal.com but it is only mp3 and FLAC 16/44.1 and by far the most expensive download store, but sometimes the only legal download source. In the case of FLAC, you can't be sure with TIDAL that there isn't a lossy MQA CD in the container.

With HDtrack.com, I'm not sure if it's still the biggest download store for high-res music and it doesn't have everything available in high-res in its catalog. For Europeans, the selection is rather limited. In any case, compared to Qobuz, it is also too expensive, especially if you have a Qobuz Sublime streaming subscription.

Another option for a cross-genre high-res download store is Highresaudio.com, in my experience the only major provider, not only in Europe, with largely reliable quality control.

@Tony GiglioUnfortunately, the vast majority of albums in the preferred genres you mentioned are released, if at all in high-res, then only in max. 24/44.1 or /48 by the labels in order not to throw the "crown jewels" on the market right away. These are then possibly available at some point as a "remaster", "deluxe edition" or similar. Better than in MQA "Masters" only but not really satisfying.

Ohhh ok thank you for the explanation!!!

On 5/1/2021 at 4:23 AM, #Yoda# said:

I was going to start a new thread asking about this very topic, until I noticed you already have an answer here.

But I wonder if anyone wants to go into this further - is there a way to be sure? Or at the very least, maybe reduce the chances of getting an MQA, like say... avoid buying anything published under Warner?

As a side note, searching around the Internet, I found this tool and ran a quick check over some of my Tidal FLACs. They came back negative. I don't know how reliable the check is though, and even if it is reliable, but it's still certainly not a viable solution to find out only after you've paid for and downloaded the music.

On 6/6/2021 at 6:44 PM, PAP said:

or just go to;

BandCamp tag Audiophile 

Sure, but that doesn't really help if the album you're looking for isn't there, is it?

I mean, for me, HDTracks is my first go-to place. If what I want isn't there, I check Bandcamp next. If not, then Tidal is my last resort. But more often than not I end up at Tidal. Other places (like Qobuz, etc) aren't available in my country.

On 6/9/2021 at 5:07 AM, MadCow said:

Sure, but that doesn't really help if the album you're looking for isn't there, is it?

I mean, for me, HDTracks is my first go-to place. If what I want isn't there, I check Bandcamp next. If not, then Tidal is my last resort. But more often than not I end up at Tidal. Other places (like Qobuz, etc) aren't available in my country.

But isn't Tidal only a streaming platform?

On 6/13/2021 at 1:30 AM, MadCow said:

@#Yoda# already mentioned above, Tidal also has a store at http://store.tidal.com/ (but afaik their FLACs only go up to CD quality, so not exactly what you're looking for).

I would bet money you're also likely buying MQA tracks.

I lke

High Res Audio 

iTrax
Bandcamp

Channel Classic

eClassical

HDTracks

High Definition Tape Transfers

Native DSD

Presto Classical

Qobuz

And I am sure there are some others I don't know about.

No electron left behind.

11 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

I would bet money you're also likely buying MQA tracks.

Yes, that is my concern as well, which is why I posted earlier in this thread:

On 6/1/2021 at 11:52 AM, MadCow said:

I was going to start a new thread asking about this very topic, until I noticed you already have an answer here.

But I wonder if anyone wants to go into this further - is there a way to be sure? Or at the very least, maybe reduce the chances of getting an MQA, like say... avoid buying anything published under Warner?

As a side note, searching around the Internet, I found this tool and ran a quick check over some of my Tidal FLACs. They came back negative. I don't know how reliable the check is though, and even if it is reliable, but it's still certainly not a viable solution to find out only after you've paid for and downloaded the music.

2 minutes ago, MadCow said:

Yes, that is my concern as well, which is why I posted earlier in this thread:

Not buying from TIDAL is the best way to know. The only labels I am aware of that really push it are Warner and 2L. All the other sources are likely to be MQA free. That said, Caveat Emptor is in full effect.

No electron left behind.

On 4/30/2021 at 10:23 PM, #Yoda# said:

Ok Mr. Yoda thank you heaps!!!! ;)