IGNORED

Article: Audiophile Style Podcast: Episode 16 | Radio Paradise Interview

Big fan and longtime supporter of Radio Paradise. Hard to imagine how I lived without them before, lol.

Subscribers have just received an email from Bill and Rebecca celebrating RP's "21st birthday". That message notes that BlueOS devices can now receive RP in MQA. The RP forum has erupted accordingly, lol.

I'll just keep listening to their CD-quality FLAC streams on my Schiit and NuPrime gear. The free RP app for LMS/Squeezebox works great!

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

• 3 months later...
11 hours ago, wklie said:

Then I need not worry about providing a UI setting to let people downgrade the quality.

By the way, about the next track / song skipping functionality, is that unique to Radio Paradise?  Or many radio provides that?  I assume it's not something generally available from others, e.g. BBC?

Does anyone know if there is there some sort of standard API to do the skip across different radio providers?

The song-skipping feature was custom-coded by Bill at Radio Paradise, and is a rare thing among internet radio stations. Soma FM for example, for all their many channels, do not offer this. I don't know about the BBC because some of their apps aren't available overseas, but I think their rewind and replay features are something entirely different and depend on maintaining a buffer in the app which is more common. At the heart of the Radio Paradise features I think you're asking about is the downloading of ~20 minute blocks of tracks which as far as I know is really unusual.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.