IGNORED

Denafrips Terminator II + Roon

I received my Terminator II a couple of days ago , plugged in and started playing , I’m pretty happy with it however ROON doesn’t seem to identify the DAC so it’s limiting the resolution setting , is there a work around or way to get ROON to identify the DAC? Any advice will be greatly appreciated 

I found the fix with a Mac but I’m using a SonicTransporter i9-optical rendu-terminator .

Alvin ? Jesus? Any advice?

It’s probably because it is not Roon Certified yet. Not sure there is a work around. 

Euphony Summus Server w/ a Kecces P-8A Ultra Linear PS (used for my Roon Core). Custom HDPlex Server using a Gigabyte Designare Z390 MB, i9 9900K Processor, Apacer Mem and a DarkForce Audiophile NVMe Drive for Euphony. Keces P8 Ultra LPS powering a Tailko dcatx and a HDPlex H5 Case. Bryston BP-26 Preamp, Bryston BDA-3 Dac, Bryston 4B Cubed Amp, Sonore Sig Rendu SE, Sonore Optical Module Deluxe w/ a Uptone LPS-1.2. Uptone Audio EtherRegen w/ a Your Final System LPS. After Dark Queen Square Wave Clock w/ a Uptone LPS-1.2. Clearaudio Champion TT Level 1, JLTI Phono Stage, Totem Acoustic Mani-2 Sigs. Silversmith Audio XLR Cables to Amp, Audio Magic Interconnect, Speaker and Power Cables, Sablon 2020 USB Cable & AfterDark Ethernet Cables & Monoprice Cat 8 cables.

5 hours ago, BCRich said:

It’s probably because it is not Roon Certified yet. Not sure there is a work around. 

The only thing to do till it is certified is to use something certified, or a generic streamer like a Raspberry Pi that runs Roon Bridge.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Listening: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Matrix Element i Streamer/DAC (XLR)+Schiit Freya>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: RPi 3B+ running RoPieee to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

4 hours ago, iLguapo said:

The Optical rendu that I use doesn’t seem to support the higher sample rates either 

good luck finding a solution -- it's definitely a simple setting somewhere.  others are using roon streaming high sample rates with both the optical rendu and the terminator ii -- i'm sure they'll steer you the right direction.

sources:  intel nuc8i7 (audiolinux, roon core) (server) | simaudio moon mind 2 (renderer)
headphone rig:  chord qutest > bryston bha-1 > audeze lcd-3
main rig:  chord dave > parasound jc5 > kef reference 1

The limitation could be due to the uRendu: https://www.sonore.us/opticalRendu.html

Supports the following PCM sample rates up to: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz, 352.8kHz, 384kHz, 705.6kHz, and 768kHz
Supports the following DSD sample rates up to: DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, DSD512

I personally use roon+HQP on a Windows PC, it supports PCM1411/1536 and DSD1024:

Roon HQP.jpg

Roon HQP 1411.jpg

In later part of this year, we will contact roon to have our DACs/DDCs certified. But good things take time, we'll see!

Alvin Chee, Vinshine Audio Pte. Ltd (Singapore)

Setup: Roon · Hermes Reclocker · DENAFRIPS Terminator-Plus · DENAFRIPS Athena · Kinki Studio EX-B7 · Magico A3s

The T2 will only get a Works with Roon Certification. This isn’t much really. 

I use a Sonore signatureRendu SE optical with the Terminator at get 1536 kHz streaming. But, I have to route Roon through HQPlayer. Roon doesn’t support sample rates this high. 

Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing The Audiophile Style Podcast