IGNORED

NVMe SSD designed for audiophiles

2 hours ago, darkforce said:

We did not pursue reading and writing speed when developing this product, read/write performance is similar to general consumer products.

Alllright, do you have a release date? As a musician/audiophile I would like to try it agaist my Paul Pang TCXO/OCXO and Samsung NVMe disks.

www.guillermoguareschi.com.ar

1 hour ago, screenmusic said:

Alllright, do you have a release date? As a musician/audiophile I would like to try it agaist my Paul Pang TCXO/OCXO and Samsung NVMe disks.

We are currently able to supply in small quantities in batches, the inventory on the website can be shipped immediately on working days, you can directly place an order for purchase.

https://www.zzyzxphile.com/

The price will be increased when we can provide complete production capacity and cooperate with the distribution system.

On 7/19/2021 at 3:38 PM, MarcelNL said:

Is it feasible to hack a PCIe to NVME adaptor to accept external power? Barring upgrading elements on an NVME SSD that might be a doable upgrade, just thinking out loud..

Not PCIE to NVME but I have very good results with USB to NVME adapter with external power and cleaner. PCIE is turned off in Mobo. OS is running in RAM. Optane in adapter is only accessed for music library purposes. 

16271840166335151718828974324184.jpg

22 minutes ago, ASRMichael said:

@MaxBuck

You joined this forum in June. You’ve had 20 posts. All of which have contributed nothing! So I ask myself why did you join! 

Also, Objective, Subjective has it own thread. You should maybe post over there! 

I call out meaningless BS whenever I see it.

Too many people make money off other people's ignorance. That bothers me a great deal. 

EDIT: I had hoped to learn new things about audio reproduction by engaging with this site. Unfortunately I have encountered a community largely composed of adherents to a fantastical proto-religion in which logic is scorned, science is ridiculed and BS is exalted. Not the place for me, evidently. 

I should have read this thread another time....now I have a sample Femto NVME storage card waiting for some barrel connectors that I SHOULD have ordered right away///O well, it will give me the opportunity to change the wiring for another LPSU at the same time.

shame is that the Oyaide connectors  will need to arrive from France first, audiophonics is quick but it'll take a couple of days.

Can anyone tell me what the jumper on the card is for, and if it indeed is a power input selector if it is set for external power off factory?

ISP, glass to Fritz!box 5530, another Fritz!box 5530 for audio only in bridged mode on LPS, cat8.1, Zyxel switch on LPS, Finisar <1475BTL>Solarflare X2522-25G, external wifi AP, AMD 9 16 core, passive cooling ,Aorus Master x570, LPSU with Taiko ATX, 8Gb Apacer RAM, femto SSD on LPS, Pink Faun I2S ultra OCXO on akiko LPS, home grown RJ45 I2S cable, Metrum Adagio DAC3, RCA 70-A and Miyaima Zero for mono, G2 PL519 tube amps. 

thanks!

why will a straight connector not work? (can only find those from Oyaide) the NVME slots sit in between the PCIe slots and CPU, so staight should work (open case so access is good)

ISP, glass to Fritz!box 5530, another Fritz!box 5530 for audio only in bridged mode on LPS, cat8.1, Zyxel switch on LPS, Finisar <1475BTL>Solarflare X2522-25G, external wifi AP, AMD 9 16 core, passive cooling ,Aorus Master x570, LPSU with Taiko ATX, 8Gb Apacer RAM, femto SSD on LPS, Pink Faun I2S ultra OCXO on akiko LPS, home grown RJ45 I2S cable, Metrum Adagio DAC3, RCA 70-A and Miyaima Zero for mono, G2 PL519 tube amps. 

20 hours ago, darkfrank said:

Any reason for not using the Z-NAND? It should have the lowest latency?

We also hope that various possible components can be used, but this product is not a mod of existing consumer products, but is completely rebuilt. In such a cumbersome and complex highly customized product, it requires the full support of the memory and the controller factory. In reality, the scale of such manufacturer is very large, and generally they are not willing to accept such product development (in many cases it has nothing to do with profit and quantity), so we must meet our core requirements (such as femto clock, external power supply, etc.), to complete this product together with a well-connected manufacturer.

5 hours ago, MarcelNL said:

thanks!

why will a straight connector not work? (can only find those from Oyaide) the NVME slots sit in between the PCIe slots and CPU, so staight should work (open case so access is good)

There is no such restriction, it can work as long as it is 2.1mm, to use of a 90-degree connector is usually due to the consideration of computer case space.

FWIW I'm now using the Femto drive in my i5 machine, booting back and forth between  M.2 drives, Samsung Evo for WIndows and the Femto drive for

Euphony.

Since the MOBO has only one M.2 drive slot I purchased a PCIE 4x adaptor card to allow use of both.

I discovered that the power jack of the FEMTO card has a pin projection on the back that prevents the Femto drive from mounting flush to the adaptor card,

had to swap the WIN OS drive to the adaptor, put the Femto drive in the MOBO slot which had more clearance.

All working well now using Stylus or Roon with HQPlayer output and using JS-2 to power the Femto NVMe card.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

After a long and necessary vacation at sea,

So I have now started evaluating this SSD, The SSDs I compare with are

Intel X25 32GB SLC

Samsung EVO860

Intel Pro 7600 Ent NVMe

Micron 50GB M100 SLC Ent

CAPS contains the following

Supermicro X11SPM-TPF Intel Xeon 4120 Silver 4x4Gb DDR4 ECC Reg JcatFemto USB

Everything is powered by DIY LPS

What I can say about this SSD is that it sounds very good, clean, detailed, natural, good balance, extremely good channel separation, With a good LPS, this one sounds better than most I've tried

all cables are made by pure copper, 

Other equipment everything is

Tube stuff, PreAmp, AMP and DAC in higher class over 20000 USD

plus speaker and cables

total over 50000 USD

I'm waiting for the connectors so I can use the LPS, but so far it sounds better than Optane that outperformed SSD on an LPS, and the NVME Evo plus . Still breaking in but I love it!, More organic, more depth and texture, less noise.

7 minutes ago, davide256 said:

Straight connector works fine if you have the space

I know, yet I did not have a spare connector...