IGNORED

Buy An Album On Qobuz Multiple Times

50 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

A. When you "own" something (in fact this something rather owns you) you cannot be guaranteed that you will continue to own it. There are countless reasons beyond your ability to control that would effectively cease your ownership.

B. I have no idea exactly how the financial compensation of musicians is provided and I am not going to judge how fair it is or is it fair at all. I suppose it is none of my business.

Sorry, none of that makes any sense. If I have physical or digital copies of my own and backups, I own it in every practical and realistic sense of the word. And almost for sure I will continue to possess it till I die. If that wasn't true, how would I still have recordings that are many decades old-and some don't exist at any streaming service and aren't available anymore in the market?

And "in fact" it owns me? Only your opinion, not in any way fact. Your POV isn't equal to fact. And as far as that goes, acc'd to your reasoning your streaming subscription owns you, too.

Your "countless reasons" have almost no real world impact and exist almost entirely in theory, but not in reality. Countless infintessimally  small/unlikely items still don't add up to much.

Yeah sure, if society totally breaks down and there is no electricity, my recordings won't be worth much. But then there won't be streaming either.....

It's only none of your business if you only look at the world in how it directly affects you, and not in how you influence the world. The streaming model is highly skewed toward large corporate profit and away from artists in comparison to older models. That makes it much more difficult for artists to survive economically. And for smaller record labels to survive. The way you consume music directly effects which artists survive and which recording entities survive. In other words, what type of art is available to you. 

The fact that you avoid thinking about it and remain in ignorant bliss is essentially just a cop out and a way of avoiding responsibility for your part in the system. Ignoring that doesn't change the reality. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)