IGNORED

Buy An Album On Qobuz Multiple Times

In this scenario account holder would find and buy a (typically) high-res album instead of physical copy of RBCD.  At an instance they feel compelled to purchase a copy to give as gift.  For discussion purposes to someone geographically limited in their ability to access Qobuz.

Have any of you been brave enough to try pushing such a sale through?  It appears to go right to the payment screen. 

Could you buy say 9 more copies and give them out as seating gifts at a dinner party?

3 hours ago, firedog said:

A. Because you don't know that it will continue to be available. I've seen albums, or specific versions of albums withdrawn. Sometimes replaced by inferior sounding versions.

B. Because streaming pays the artist a pittance. They make a lot more from fans buying a disc or a download. I can buy the download and also stream the music. The artist wins. 

A. When you "own" something (in fact this something rather owns you) you cannot be guaranteed that you will continue to own it. There are countless reasons beyond your ability to control that would effectively cease your ownership.

B. I have no idea exactly how the financial compensation of musicians is provided and I am not going to judge how fair it is or is it fair at all. I suppose it is none of my business.

50 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

A. When you "own" something (in fact this something rather owns you) you cannot be guaranteed that you will continue to own it. There are countless reasons beyond your ability to control that would effectively cease your ownership.

B. I have no idea exactly how the financial compensation of musicians is provided and I am not going to judge how fair it is or is it fair at all. I suppose it is none of my business.

Sorry, none of that makes any sense. If I have physical or digital copies of my own and backups, I own it in every practical and realistic sense of the word. And almost for sure I will continue to possess it till I die. If that wasn't true, how would I still have recordings that are many decades old-and some don't exist at any streaming service and aren't available anymore in the market?

And "in fact" it owns me? Only your opinion, not in any way fact. Your POV isn't equal to fact. And as far as that goes, acc'd to your reasoning your streaming subscription owns you, too.

Your "countless reasons" have almost no real world impact and exist almost entirely in theory, but not in reality. Countless infintessimally  small/unlikely items still don't add up to much.

Yeah sure, if society totally breaks down and there is no electricity, my recordings won't be worth much. But then there won't be streaming either.....

It's only none of your business if you only look at the world in how it directly affects you, and not in how you influence the world. The streaming model is highly skewed toward large corporate profit and away from artists in comparison to older models. That makes it much more difficult for artists to survive economically. And for smaller record labels to survive. The way you consume music directly effects which artists survive and which recording entities survive. In other words, what type of art is available to you. 

The fact that you avoid thinking about it and remain in ignorant bliss is essentially just a cop out and a way of avoiding responsibility for your part in the system. Ignoring that doesn't change the reality. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

AS s' diatribe riddled complaint against life itself is not unknown to me.  His stomping every flowering discussion is to be warranted against lest he resemble his shadow.  

This was intended to be lighthearted in absentia Reddit Audiophiles proliferating throughout the support threads.  I'll thank @firedog for tracking the question back to the narrow hole it must have referenced.  Quite honestly I half expected one of the longtime Qobuz subscribers accidentally rang up a purchase for the second time.  A very reasonable encounter worth reciting in self effacing humor and nothing more exciting than that.

As such I'll restate the case:  Highly enjoyable album that would've seen minimal distribution budget in normal times can be bought in physical form at website of issuing label or in 24/44 on Qobuz.  Having absolute lack of desire towards disinheriting one or both or third party reseller.  Nor encumbering recipient(s) ability to add files into their current bank of music at hand.  I'd dutifully award two minutes rehosting downloaded files and receipt to their ease and happiness at instant enjoyment.  Continue the chain of sophistication we enjoy slightly further into the lives of those who don't require nearly as many listening options to satisfy their needs.  

This is so obscure, even for us, as to be unmentionable in contact with personnel.  One account deferring on payment of a few cents is nothing put up against actual loss.  But the question remains if one was so determined could they quietly purchase an album multiple times over without tripping a database or account error?

3 hours ago, firedog said:

Sorry, none of that makes any sense. If I have physical or digital copies of my own and backups, I own it in every practical and realistic sense of the word. And almost for sure I will continue to possess it till I die. If that wasn't true, how would I still have recordings that are many decades old-and some don't exist at any streaming service and aren't available anymore in the market?

And "in fact" it owns me? Only your opinion, not in any way fact. Your POV isn't equal to fact. And as far as that goes, acc'd to your reasoning your streaming subscription owns you, too.

Your "countless reasons" have almost no real world impact and exist almost entirely in theory, but not in reality. Countless infintessimally  small/unlikely items still don't add up to much.

Yeah sure, if society totally breaks down and there is no electricity, my recordings won't be worth much. But then there won't be streaming either.....

It's only none of your business if you only look at the world in how it directly affects you, and not in how you influence the world. The streaming model is highly skewed toward large corporate profit and away from artists in comparison to older models. That makes it much more difficult for artists to survive economically. And for smaller record labels to survive. The way you consume music directly effects which artists survive and which recording entities survive. In other words, what type of art is available to you. 

The fact that you avoid thinking about it and remain in ignorant bliss is essentially just a cop out and a way of avoiding responsibility for your part in the system. Ignoring that doesn't change the reality. 

One can not influence a thing, but you are free to think whatever you please. Makes no difference anyway. BTW, I donated my LPs collection (several thousands) to the school I once attended, sold, and gave away my collection of CDs (about a thousand items). The same with a library of several thousand books. And with many other items I "owned" before. I feel a huge sense of relief now.

51 minutes ago, rando said:

AS s' diatribe riddled complaint against life itself is not unknown to me.  His stomping every flowering discussion is to be warranted against lest he resemble his shadow.  [..]

If this was an attempted personal attack, the attempt failed, sorry. I don't care who says what about me.

36 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

One can not influence a thing, but you are free to think whatever you please. Makes no difference anyway. BTW, I donated my LPs collection (several thousands) to the school I once attended, sold, and gave away my collection of CDs (about a thousand items). The same with a library of several thousand books. And with many other items I "owned" before. I feel a huge sense of relief now.

Perhaps the more enlightened approach would to be destroy these items rather than simply transfering the burden of ownership to someone else. 👺

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

On 4/24/2021 at 6:32 PM, rando said:

Once again without interruption.

Has anyone, purposely or not, been able to buy multiple copies of a single album on Qobuz?

The other day my shopping basket alerted me to the fact that I just added an album that I previously already purchased. I didn't go ahead with it.