IGNORED

Article: Review | Taking The Denafrips Terminator To 11

Hi-

Pretty interesting. I'm a bit confused by one part, though: What was your NAA endpoint? The Sonore specs max out at 768kHz, so how did you do 1536?

And how different is that from the same setup but with 768 (which is more commonly available)?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

39 minutes ago, cjmv50 said:

I am curious about the Terminator II. I just looked at the Denefrips website and it not there. I see it listed on Vishine Audio’s website. No mention of the what’s new or the sonic improvement from those changes.

https://www.vinshineaudio.com/product-page/denafrips-terminator-r2r-dac

Vinshine are the people who actually sell it, so that's the place to look. 

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

5 minutes ago, sdolezalek said:

Based on the reviews I have read there is a huge step up between the Ares II and the Pontus and then smaller step ups to the Venus, Terminator and Terminator Plus.  So the recommended first step in that approach is probably the Pontus II (see also George Graves review here): 

I'd say it all depends on the amount of money you are willing to experiment with, and your risk profile. Personally, the Pontus is more money than I'd "play" with. At that price level, I'd only buy something if it was something I was planning to keep.