IGNORED

Article: Review | Taking The Denafrips Terminator To 11

• 2 weeks later...

What a full Denafrips stack brought me:

I was sold 4 years ago on R2R with the Holo Spring DAC while working in mainland China. Back in the U.K. a friend offered to buy the Holo off me, so time for a replacement. I realised that I had not been listening to my high end CD player for the past few years after spending spare time over a year to create lossless rips of my 1000+ CDs and SACDs. As the Gaia came highly recommended this was a logical companion to the T+. 
The final piece fell in place a few days ago with the arrival of the Athena as a replacement of the ATC CA2 pre amplifier. 
The setup now shows its synergy by providing a detailed, spacious authoritative sound, even when the system plays at relatively low volumes. 
My main listening is classical music as I play classical violin myself. 
Finally enjoying listening to a high res DSD recording by Nigel Armstrong which until now was actually unlistenable due to the thin violin sound. Now the instrument has been given a full bodied sound and the music can be enjoyed!

7173906A-9C45-445A-A369-B9F16668DC13.thumb.jpeg.df587890f4a8aafc16f87436e2fa1638.jpeg