IGNORED

Denon PMA-A110 Anniversary Amplifier

I recently purchased a Denon PMA-A110 and am loving it. At first I thought it sounded a bit harsh and sterile compared to other amps I have but now I’m really seeing the positives including enormous power and the bass control that comes along with a high current amp. Yet this amp also has a smooth midrange and treble. Great decay on the notes. Color me impressed and I have some fairly high end amps to compare it to, including Pass and Naim.

The Internal DAC is also terrific streaming Qobuz right from my laptop. When comparing the internal DAC with my Lumin or Lampizator DACs, it’s a fairly close contest and that’s a huge compliment to the Denon. It also has a built-in MM and MC phono stage which I haven’t tried. Some tend to be audio snobs at times and don’t think that a big box brand like Denon can compete with should I say the more artisanal audiophile brands. But when one considers that larger companies like Denon have the financial wherewithal to spend significant dollars on engineering and R&D which the smaller audio brands likely cannot do, it makes sense that if Denon wanted to put out a showpiece product, it certainly could. This anniversary amp is undoubtedly that showpiece.

Your mileage may vary, but for those in the market for an integrated amp that does it all (except it doesn’t have a built-in streamer), this one-box solution is well worth a demo.