IGNORED

Dynaudio Active vs Passive

In this case, it's not just about active vs passive.

The Focus 20 XD has analogue inputs, but also includes DACs that accept a wired or a wireless connection.

So it's worth checking if these additional features fit into your configuration and plans. The wireless connection could give you new possibilities for the placement of your sources.

Personally, I'm a bit reluctant to buy speakers with built-in DACs, because I tend to keep speakers for 10 years and more, and it's not sure the DACs and the connectivity will still be up to date then.

For example, the wireless connection of the Focus 20 XD is limited to 24/96 PCM signals. The digital input accepts PCM only, not DSD. After some years, the speaker software may become limited, with no update available. But at least here there is the analogue input fall back solution in case the DACs become too limited.

Claude

Sorry Rafael, I can't help you with that.

I'm a big fan of Dynaudio (I have a pair of Confidence C2), but I haven't heard any of the newer models.

You'll have to take account of the amp you have or are planning on buying when comparing the passive and active versions.

Since your room is of quadratic shape, there is the risk of standing waves, which lead to boomy bass. This could be better corrected with active speakers that have bass level controls, whereas most amps today no longer have tone controls.

Claude