IGNORED

A toast to PGGB, a heady brew of math and magic

2 hours ago, mrkoven said:

Is there a way 32fs pggb files can conveniently co-exist with HQPe streaming within one library? maybe via euphony stylus?

ideally itd be great if HQPe automatically applies filters when it detects qobuz/tidal, then automatically removes filters when a local file (pggb) is played, etc

Could you set 1N to filtered and xN to none?

9 hours ago, kelvinwsy said:

l a hHave set None on both 1x and Nx filters as well as zero dither on HQPlayer Control Panel

Gustard A22 set to SLow and Slow PCM settings. Sorry No NOS mode on this DAC.

We've received a glowing report from someone with the older brother X26 Pro. Apparently this DAC, while ESS9038Pro based, has a true (claimed) NOS mode, and accepts a 10MHz reference clock. Still only 16FS, but would be an intriguing one to try.

Nice effect is that on a High Spec Overclocked PC, the fans just dont come on. That comes with an advantage that one can use a low powered machine to play back the 16fs files. For 32fs it will be still a high spec machine I guess.

I don't see the A22 supporting 32FS, unless I missed it? So 16FS would be the sweet spot, same as for the X26 Pro.

The SQ is really nice. I can guess 32fs files would be up there against the DSD upsampled files using say HQPlayer. 

Still testing but was so excited I got up at 5AM this morning to reallt try the 16fs files on my system

Intial Findings:

1. Frequency response quite smooth across the audible range. 

2. I do not hear any audible HF or Ultrasonic nasties.  -

3, I find the presence in voices and instruments to be good. 

4. Even on HF dominated music, the music never gets edgy or hot to the hearing.

5. Sound stage is nice, wide and positioning of vocals and instruments is good.

Will be experimenting on more  tracks. Highly recommended for those with capable DAC's (16fs and even 32fs), dont want to invest in a super spec PC to upsample and wishes to go fanless without concern about overheating issues.

Sounds promising!

@Zaphod Beeblebrox If I remember correctly @Miska recommends to output to at least twice the source rate when applying convolution for so called DRC.

Regarding PGGB what is your recommendation ?

Use PGGB, LPSU etc only, to tailor the sound and no DRC?

PGGB up to say 8fs for a 16fs capable DAC and have HQP do the last mile?

Add a new offline step for applying convolution filters? which SW does that, HQP pro?

Use an analog solution ? (ie my Meyer CP10 parametric eQ does marvels but I might opt for digital convolution for the sake of convenience, switching filters on fly rather than fiddling with controls)

Use a digital external eQ box but is there any 32 fs capable?

HQ Player 4 Mac Mini M1

I am unable to convert tracks that are approximately longer than 12 minutes.

Macbook Pro 16gb, trial license

input: redbook

output: 16fs 32 bits auto

dac: TT2

The process finishes with no visible warnings. The file plays fine but terminates around 12 minutes.

2 hours ago, mancolh said:

I am unable to convert tracks that are approximately longer than 12 minutes.

Macbook Pro 16gb, trial license

input: redbook

output: 16fs 32 bits auto

dac: TT2

The process finishes with no visible warnings. The file plays fine but terminates around 12 minutes.

At16fs 32 bits, you hit the maximum size for wav files (4GB) around the 12 minute mark. PGGB splits these files into parts for long tracks. The meta data is preserved and the tracks are numbered correctly so they will play gapless. I have it here in the FAQ section: PGGB - FAQ (remastero.com)

Is it possible you did not drag all the processed tracks? You can also email me the logs you find in the output album folder (.log and .csv)

Author of PGGB & RASA, remastero

Update: PGGB-256 is completely revamped, improved, and now uses much less memory

New: PGGB-IT! is a new interface for PGGB 256, supports multi-channel, smaller footprint, more lossless compression options

Free: foo_pggb_rt is a free real-time upsampling plugin for foobar2000 64bit; RASA is a free tool to do FFT analysis of audio tracks

System: TT7 PGI 240v > Paretoaudio Server [SR7T] > Adnaco Fiber [SR5T] >VR L2iSE [QSA Silver fuse, QSA Lanedri Gamma Infinity PC]> QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation RCA> Omega CAMs, JL Sub, Vox Z-Bass/ [QSA Silver fuse, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation PC] KGSSHV Carbon CC, Audeze CRBN

1 hour ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

At16fs 32 bits, you hit the maximum size for wav files (4GB) around the 12 minute mark. PGGB splits these files into parts for long tracks. The meta data is preserved and the tracks are numbered correctly so they will play gapless. I have it here in the FAQ section: PGGB - FAQ (remastero.com)

Is it possible you did not drag all the processed tracks? You can also email me the logs you find in the output album folder (.log and .csv)

I am doing the converting on a Macbook Pro to the internal ssd which is the standard mac format. I placed only a single track in the folder to be converted. I got a 7 gb single track out. This has been the same for three tests of different tracks. I will email you the info when back home. The sound is awesome!

55 minutes ago, mancolh said:

I am doing the converting on a Macbook Pro to the internal ssd which is the standard mac format. I placed only a single track in the folder to be converted. I got a 7 gb single track out. This has been the same for three tests of different tracks. I will email you the info when back home. The sound is awesome!

I found that my computer had problems doing the track/file split for long tracks when they were loose single tracks. With an album here were no issues.

@Zaphod Beeblebrox In fact I have just tried to process a 17 1/2 min track that normally processes just fine when in an album but when it was loose by itself it just left a single wav file in the OUT box and that had a track length of about 12 mins. The batch analysis shows the whole 17 1/2 mins was processed. I can continue by PM.

Owner Wave High Fidelity digital cables :

Antipodes Oladra (WAVE Storm BNC spdif RF noise filtering cable to Mscaler)

Dave (with Sean Jacobs ARC6 and SJ Cap Board) + WAVE Storm dual BNC RF noise filtering cables

ATC150 active speakers.

3 minutes ago, Fourlegs said:

I found that my computer had problems doing the track/file split for long tracks when they were loose single tracks. With an album here were no issues.

@Zaphod Beeblebrox In fact I have just tried to process a 17 1/2 min track that normally processes just fine when in an album but when it was loose by itself it stopped processing at the 12 min track length.

The first time I noticed this was with a full album - Close to the Edge. I have emailed @Zaphod Beeblebrox the logs and screen shot. 

4 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Is it correct that HQ-player downsizes 32 bits to 16 bits during PCM playback?

Please see attached picture?

Dear Zaphod 1564890569_Schermafbeelding2021-05-06om17_27_41.thumb.png.e1a77e6c5a578504ab4512db4f12787b.png

My Dac Auralic Vega G2.1 can do PCM: 44.1KHz to 384KHz in 32Bit? 

Please your advice.

Thanks in advance, Andreas

Schermafbeelding 2021-05-06 om 17.08.23.png

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

28 minutes ago, ambre said:

Dear Zaphod 1564890569_Schermafbeelding2021-05-06om17_27_41.thumb.png.e1a77e6c5a578504ab4512db4f12787b.png

My Dac Auralic Vega G2.1 can do PCM: 44.1KHz to 384KHz in 32Bit? 

Please your advice.

Thanks in advance, Andreas

Schermafbeelding 2021-05-06 om 17.08.23.png

Your DAC supports up to 384kHz, 32bits. It could be your settings in HQP, I assume play via USB.

Update: PGGB-256 is completely revamped, improved, and now uses much less memory

New: PGGB-IT! is a new interface for PGGB 256, supports multi-channel, smaller footprint, more lossless compression options

Free: foo_pggb_rt is a free real-time upsampling plugin for foobar2000 64bit; RASA is a free tool to do FFT analysis of audio tracks

System: TT7 PGI 240v > Paretoaudio Server [SR7T] > Adnaco Fiber [SR5T] >VR L2iSE [QSA Silver fuse, QSA Lanedri Gamma Infinity PC]> QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation RCA> Omega CAMs, JL Sub, Vox Z-Bass/ [QSA Silver fuse, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation PC] KGSSHV Carbon CC, Audeze CRBN

2 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Your DAC supports up to 384kHz, 32bits. It could be your settings in HQP, I assume play via USB.

yes via USB I play

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

3 minutes ago, ambre said:

yes via USB I play

Strange it starts with 24 bits and Lateran =>>16 bits

2074067321_Schermafbeelding2021-05-06om20_26_10.thumb.png.6d308192d6da43ef9d959ec82c881903.png

13 minutes ago, ambre said:

Strange it starts with 24 bits and Lateran =>>16 bits

2074067321_Schermafbeelding2021-05-06om20_26_10.thumb.png.6d308192d6da43ef9d959ec82c881903.png

NAA is Mac mini 2014 and use latest NAA-image too

16 minutes ago, ambre said:

NAA is Mac mini 2014 and use latest NAA-image too

You will have to take this up with Jussi/HQP, HQP goes by what the DAC advertises, so not sure what the issue is.

Thanks 

5 hours ago, mancolh said:

Found the smoking gun. Patch issued (v1.0.82): PGGB - Offline remastering (remastero.com)

It should fix the issue with longer 32bit tracks not playing beyond 12 minutes and broken meta data. Thet tracks were supposed be split at 4Gb but they were not.

4 hours ago, ambre said:

yes via USB I play

Go to HQPlayer settings and adjust your dac bits from 16 to whatever you want (in output device settings, next to buffer time is dac bits, a pulldown menu)

3 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Found the smoking gun. Patch issued (v1.0.82): PGGB - Offline remastering (remastero.com)

It should fix the issue with longer 32bit tracks not playing beyond 12 minutes and broken meta data. Thet tracks were supposed be split at 4Gb but they were not.

The fix works perfectly. I needed to use my tagging program to change the track numbers on the file names to match the embedded track numbers for my MPD player. Thanks for all the fish.

Continuation of PGGB Testing

Doing one on one with Hqplayer DSDEC7 Modulation 

Will report on Stereo soundscape , Bass , Mids And Highs

insider joke on the "fish"

"" As the last dolphin disappear b4 tge destruction of Earth to make way for the Pan Galactic Superhighway... they send their last msg which dumb humans thought were excited bleeps and whistles .. Good Luck and Thanks for all the Fish😂😂