IGNORED

A toast to PGGB, a heady brew of math and magic

DAMN YOU GUYS !!!! You just cost me $3500

just kidding

I just bought a gaming computer with 64G of ram  and an Nvidia 3070 graphics card. I was lusting after one anyway for other reasons and now I had another excuse. Man, graphics cards are like gold these days.. I seriously doubt I end buying a PGGB license for one simple reason. Since getting hooked on streaming I don't own a copy of an awful lot of what I listen to regularly so nothing to process. If it turns out to be what you say I may have to rethink that. I do have a Terminator +  so we'll see. In any case I intend to be flying around the world in Microsoft Flight Simulator. 

anybody tried digitizing  vinyl and processing that?

One thing I want to try is comparing  upsampled file via  USB >>> Hermes DDC >>> I2S >>> Terminator + which is limited to 16Fs and USB >>> Terminator + which will accept  32Fs

Let the games begin !!

see my system at Audiogon  https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/768

Yes, I did set processing to 20 bits

the T+ will do 32FS but the DDC will only do 16. I will try 32FS with USB direct to T+. My expectations are low but I have an open mind. So we all understand each other, I have my system to a point where I am very, very happy. Unless something just jumps out at me AND isn't a ton of $$ AND isn't a lot of effort I'm probably not going to go for it.. but I'll give it a shot. 

I'm not real enamored with wav files either due to the inability to encapsulate metadata

I did ask Alvin about any plans to take the DDC line to 32FS. He said he preferred to listen at the native rate. No plans at this time.

see my system at Audiogon  https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/768