IGNORED

I published music on Tidal to test MQA - MQA Deep Dive

On 5/13/2021 at 3:19 AM, vmartell22 said:

That said I am wary of connecting audiophoolia with MQA  - don't want to lose the anti-MQA focus. Same reason I think I made a mistake reacting to @Currawong comment re: Scientism, etc - been trying to fix that by saying let's not get into that...  hence my non-reply to all that posts related to that - apologies...

Now, Hans..

Not sure where his MQA support comes from... industry support? don't think so - he claims he is fully independent and I believe him... but his argument is typical of, for example, what I see in the Roon forums, which I recently learned, is a Meridian related company, even sharing some of the personnel as it was posted here in this forum. "IT SOUNDS FANTASTIC!" they say...

No problem. I realise some people use "Scientism" as an excuse to ignore science (i.e.: a projection of their own, simplistic thinking and ignorance) rather than how I meant it. 

About Roon though: While the guys used to work for Sooloos, a company bought by Meridian (IIRC) they are independent. Danny stated in their forums that their implementation of MQA came as a request from customers (obviously because TIDAL is a primary streaming source in the software). He was also critical of the idea of MQA becoming the default format for music, so I wouldn't write him off just because of how he was previously connected.

58 minutes ago, bambadoo said:

But there are others strategically placed in Roon that are nowhere near "independent". Actually that came directly from MQA. They are promoting MQA whenever they get the chance. Roon is not "independent" in spite of what Danny says. 

It doesn't feel like they are independent in the Roon forums - then again,  it's the moderators that enforce the drive to keep MQA discussions to the minimum and from bubbling up in the "trending" topics. If not closing them altogether... maybe that's the idea... "we have independent moderators...they do what they want!"

v

8 hours ago, KeenObserver said:

Damage control.

It is just so full of Bob Stuart.

Parse it with logic and semantics and it is just circular.

My head is about ready to explode...   This thing about the artist/engineer approving the  provenance of the product...   The industry has tolerated relatively poor quality  being sold to consumers for many years now...   The industry show little credibility WRT quality...

The 'authenticated' part of MQA is like a currency counterfeiter using a dot-matrix printer who then certifies the provenance of their product...   There are so many ways that the 'authenticated' part of MQA is conceptually defective, even before considering the loss of accuracy in the low level math techniques.