IGNORED

Building a music server - JCAT way

On 4/16/2021 at 3:34 AM, Marcin_gps said:

Sure. My personal system at the moment consists of:

Digital:

JCAT music server prototype with JPLAY FEMTO software player

JCAT music streamer prototype (it will be announced very soon - I will start a separate topic as this project is separate and targeted for a broader market)

APL DSD-MR MKII DAC (I am going straight into the custom JLsound USB input board that is used in the APL)

Network:

1Gbit fiber modem -> Ubiquiti Edgerouter X with hardware offloading enabled (powered by OPTIMO 3 DUO PSU) -> Ubiquiti AP-AC-PRO (WIFI access point)

M12 SWITCH GOLD (powered by OPTIMO 3 DUO) ->  Music Server / Music Streamer

LAN cables are JCAT Signature LAN Cables GOLD and JCAT Signature LAN Cables GOLD M12 X for the M12 SWITCH GOLD

AC power:

Dedicated AC line from Gigawatt fuse using Neotech NEP-3001III cable -> Furutech  NCF socket -> Siltech Double Crown power cord (with Furutech FI-50 NCF connectors)  -> S.I.N. Audio PSD-6 FFO power strip placed on foQ IP-22 board and 4x foQ HEM-25S footers 

Siltech Triple Crown power cord goes to DAC

Siltech Double Crown power cord (with Furutech FI-50 NCF connectors) goes to Music Streamer

Acrolink 8N-PC8100 PERFORMANTE power cords ((with Furutech FI-50 NCF connectors) go to monoblocks. 

All connectors on the power cords are equipped with Furutech NCF braces. There is a Furutech NCF booster on the connector going into the power strip.

AMPS:

SPEC RPA-MG1000 monoblocks (4 boxes, each monoblock has an external power supply unit)

SPEAKERS:

YG Acoustics Carmel2 with spikes placed on foQ HEM-25B footers 

CABLES:

Absolue Creations TIM Signature speaker cables

Acrolink 7N-DA6300 MKIV XLR IC

USB: JCAT Signature USB Cable

VIBRATION TREATMENT:

foQ AR-100 racks foQ AB-4045 platforms and foQ HEM-25S footers under all components

I am satisfied with this system. It combines excellent resolution and transparency without going into dryness. It is not easy to achive harmony especially with speakers such as YG. The speakers are the best known to my ears. I bought the speakers during  JPLAY FEMTO development and they made my work so much easier - they're ruthless in revealing the changes in the system which is a big advantage for me and I find them excellent 'tools'. 

Now that I moved the system to a bigger room, I consider upgrading the speakers to YG Hailey 2.2. Otherwise I do not see what I could improve except for the digital part which can be improved all the time due to new developments in hardware, software and networking. 

I will take some pictures of my system next week if you are interested to see them here. 

Regards, 

Marcin

Marcin “Satisfied” ? Based on your system above I’d be elated not satisfied! Wow! What a system that is! Really wow!