IGNORED

Berkeley Converter - any news???

Berkeley didn't show a prototype at THE Show although it did share a room with Auraliti.

The above mentioned timeline is exactly what I've heard as well. This unit is much more than a USB to AES converter. One reason the release is taking longer than everyone hoped is the engineer (Michael "Pflash" Pflaumer) has incredibly high standards. Berkeley could have released an inferior product many months ago, but decided to perfect the product far beyond the average converter.

I'm looking forward to the release of this product.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Chris,

could be very promising the new Berkeley interface, anyway under the radar I have the Mytek Digital DAC 192 DSD too with fw/usb.

Can you tell me a little more about the Berkeley interface, is a usb interface only, it's not a DAC?

Any opinion about the Mytek?

Thank you

Kind regards

Stefano

I meant "overbuilt" in the sense that the parts are going to be of higher-quality-than-average. Whether or not that this is "necessary" will, most probably, be a judgment call.

Should be quite a machine. Hopefully, the performance will be commensurate to the cost and the be at least on par with (but hopefully better than) the offerings from the high-end competitors it out-prices. Time will tell.

I heard a rumor (unconfirmed) that the unit will sport the Streamlength code (from Gordon Rankin's Wavelength company). Can anyone confirm or deny?

Chris, can you not lock threads like this which have really run their course, with a link to the new relevant thread left at the end?

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.