IGNORED

DigiOne Signature Player - Does OS affect SQ?

Hello,

I recently received my "plug 'n play" DigiOne Signature Player.  I had requested DietPi as the pre-installed operating system as I am a Roon user.

On installing the player I simply was not able to get DietPi working correctly as a Roon endpoint. Roon would see the endpoint but tracks would not "play".  

Anyway, to the point of my question.  I have some experience with RoPiee, so I installed a RoPiee image into the DigiOne Signature Player and had everything working satisfactorily within a few minutes.

Is there any reason to believe my sound quality will be diminished by using a different OS?  The only reason I ask is that RoPiee Is not one of the installation options when purchasing a DigiOne Signature Player.

RoPiee Is an excellent, user-friendly UI (imho), and much more suited to a novice like myself than DietPi.  Is there any reason why RoPiee Is not one of the pre-installation options for the DigiOne Signature Player?

Thanks.

Nick

9 hours ago, nickd said:

Hello,

I recently received my "plug 'n play" DigiOne Signature Player.  I had requested DietPi as the pre-installed operating system as I am a Roon user.

On installing the player I simply was not able to get DietPi working correctly as a Roon endpoint. Roon would see the endpoint but tracks would not "play".  

Anyway, to the point of my question.  I have some experience with RoPiee, so I installed a RoPiee image into the DigiOne Signature Player and had everything working satisfactorily within a few minutes.

Is there any reason to believe my sound quality will be diminished by using a different OS?  The only reason I ask is that RoPiee Is not one of the installation options when purchasing a DigiOne Signature Player.

RoPiee Is an excellent, user-friendly UI (imho), and much more suited to a novice like myself than DietPi.  Is there any reason why RoPiee Is not one of the pre-installation options for the DigiOne Signature Player?

Thanks.

Nick

You are using RPI 4 With Digione signature right?

Ropieee OS will work with Digione signature player.

Customer can use any OS with Digione player as per their convenience.

SQ will be same for both OS's

I too just received a DigiOne Signature and wanted to use this as a Roon endpoint.  I want to run this thru a Chord Qutest DAC over a 75ohm BNC connected SPDIF cable from DAC to the DigiOne Sig. The OS is Ropieee.  

I have tried various cables to both the RCA and BNC outputs but do not get any output from the HAT board.  I do get output and Roon control when I connect a USB cable from the RPi4 output to the DAC so I believe the RPi4 software and board are functional.  Finally, I have power to both the RPi4 and the HAT DigiOne Sig boards using a Shanti LPS Dual power source. LEDs on both boards are on.  Any suggestions as to what may be the cause for lack of output to the DigiOne Sig. board?

5 hours ago, John W said:

I too just received a DigiOne Signature and wanted to use this as a Roon endpoint.  I want to run this thru a Chord Qutest DAC over a 75ohm BNC connected SPDIF cable from DAC to the DigiOne Sig. The OS is Ropieee.  

I have tried various cables to both the RCA and BNC outputs but do not get any output from the HAT board.  I do get output and Roon control when I connect a USB cable from the RPi4 output to the DAC so I believe the RPi4 software and board are functional.  Finally, I have power to both the RPi4 and the HAT DigiOne Sig boards using a Shanti LPS Dual power source. LEDs on both boards are on.  Any suggestions as to what may be the cause for lack of output to the DigiOne Sig. board?

Have you selected Audio HAT as Allo Digione in Ropieee and rebooted the player? Also forwarded PM please check