IGNORED

AFTERDARK Project ClayX Giesemann Network Switch X OCXO 10M Master Clock

Out of curiosity, have anyone here compared this audiophile switch with other equivalent in the market, eg. N&E Audio Silent Switch OCXO, SoTM, MELCO, etc?

APPLE Mac Mini | HUAWEI S5700 Dual OCXO Network Switch | SONORE opticalRENDU | SINGXER SU-6 | HOLO AUDIO MAY L3 | CLASSÉ CAP-80 | RAIDHO X-1

DENON DP-300F + NAGAOKA MP-110 • NAIM Muso QB • YAMAHA YSP-2700

APPLE MacBook Pro | TOPPING 10s | KINKI STUDIO THR-1 | HIFIMAN Arya

The Melco S100 uses a buffalo mainboard, which I believe is the same one used in the AD switches.

AD also do an upgrade S100, but for the money you would be better off getting the cascade version of the Giesemann switch; which uses 2 x Buffalo mainboards + OCXO clock etc.

22 minutes ago, xllms said:

Out of curiosity, have anyone here compared this audiophile switch with other equivalent in the market, eg. N&E Audio Silent Switch OCXO, SoTM, MELCO, etc?

No, but from the specs it should be very good! I like especially the fact that they kept a n output to take advantage of the internal clock to connect for instance a eR. Smart move!

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

14 minutes ago, JonD said:

The Melco S100 uses a buffalo mainboard, which I believe is the same one used in the AD switches.

AD also do an upgrade S100, but for the money you would be better off getting the cascade version of the Giesemann switch; which uses 2 x Buffalo mainboards + OCXO clock etc.

There are so many within the website of similar product. Pardon my ignorance, may I know which from the website are you referring to regarding the cascade version?

APPLE Mac Mini | HUAWEI S5700 Dual OCXO Network Switch | SONORE opticalRENDU | SINGXER SU-6 | HOLO AUDIO MAY L3 | CLASSÉ CAP-80 | RAIDHO X-1

5 minutes ago, soares said:

No, but from the specs it should be very good! I like especially the fact that they kept a n output to take advantage of the internal clock to connect for instance a eR. Smart move!

I supposed the internal clock will help the eR. However I am thinking if this can replace the eR as the eR is running rather hot and I would like to simplify the system of having a switch and good power supply into one box. I supposed this will be an improvement over the eR.

3 minutes ago, xllms said:

I supposed the internal clock will help the eR. However I am thinking if this can replace the eR as the eR is running rather hot and I would like to simplify the system of having a switch and good power supply into one box. I supposed this will be an improvement over the eR.

That I can’t comment. I also considered that option but finally decided to go for the best AfterDark clock for my eR. 

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

2 minutes ago, soares said:

That I can’t comment. I also considered that option but finally decided to go for the best AfterDark clock for my eR. 

Thank you for sharing @soares do share the difference the sonic difference before and after adding the aDark clock.

24 minutes ago, xllms said:

I supposed this will be an improvement over the eR.

This is a totally wrong conclusion. And the EtherRegen shall have some temperature in order to operate best.

An opticalModule or another eR upfront is highly likely to improve. 

14 minutes ago, xllms said:

Thank you for sharing @soares do share the difference the sonic difference before and after adding the aDark clock.

I will. Still waiting. Meanwhile, I am using a cheap 100$ clock. And In my case it was a nice surprise reinforced with the filter. 

28 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

This is a totally wrong conclusion. And the EtherRegen shall have some temperature in order to operate best.

Interesting. If an oM or another eR upfront will most likely improve, will it be too far fetch to have such functions house within a common box of switch+clock with good power supply? Pardon my ignorance as I don’t think I know the full technical details of all these switches. Or am I having wishful thinking. 

1 hour ago, xllms said:

I don’t think I know the full technical details of all these switches.

EtherRegen is built with a “different technology” than other switches. The clue is isolation and as low phase noise as possible. Please go to the sponsored Uptone Audio forum, and start reading Superdad and John Swnsons post about the EtherRegen. Use the search function.

35 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Supposed this will be an improvement over the eR.  This is a totally wrong conclusion. 

Hi R1200CL, 

How this quote " wrong" conclusion?

Maybe is the upgraded Afterdark Buffalo 16x (3x times output = 2x 25Mhz), 1x 50 Ohm Square wave ) better than a single EtherRegen with an Afterdark or another good designed Master Clock? 

This  Giesemann OCXO OCXO 25Mhz is optimized for cascading_clocks. And is Square Wave out and thus quite suitable for direct connection for Network Switch, Motherboard, USB, Audiophile Network Card!  

IMO adding an additional switch (RJ45 of SFP) is more or less comparable with adding a good clock in terms of SQ. 

I might be that the modified Buffalo / =Melco 16P is very interesting viewed from this reasoning? 

My experiences are.... as soon I added (Bonn Silent Angel 8P (Modified)) an additional switch upfront the EtherRegen .....this gave an immediate uplift in clarity and stereo image.   I am using now in total 4x Bonn's in line.  

Ps. I have read on other forums that daisy-chaining of SOTM Clocked switches gave also a remarkable results.

Daisy chaining 2x Etheregen with a combined or separated Master Clock with decent supplies would also be very interesting!  

Maybe looking for an additional  50 Ohm Etheregen (than I don't need the Cybershaft 50=> 75 Ohm convertor).

But I have to find out more in detail that I don't defeat the moats of 2x EtherRegens?  

If I am well informed Afterdark prepares a YouTube video... hopefully comparing it with other well known switches like SOTM, Melco etc? That would be very interesting.  Maybe combining it with a direct clocked EtherRegen referring the free output?  

My only side note is if the physical distance for connecting a EtherRegen in my audio rack is maybe too great.... a Sin Wave instead of Square wave is than better?   And also avoiding (very) expensive cables needed for Square Wave signals.

Maybe we should ask advice from John S and Afterdark which distances of connection resp cable lenght should be taken into account? 

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

27 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

EtherRegen is built with a “different technology” than other switches. The clue is isolation and as low phase noise as possible. Please go to the sponsored Uptone Audio forum, and start reading Superdad and John Swnsons post about the EtherRegen. Use the search function.

Interesting that you choose to direct me to find out more on the eR technical information instead of addressing my concern. My main intention is never about technicalities of the product, at least not now. All I want is to find out more about possibilities to simplify my home audio system while maintaining or enhancing my listening pleasure. Do hope this focus can be maintained. Nevertheless thank you for sharing your thoughts. 

37 minutes ago, ambre said:

If I am well informed Afterdark prepares a YouTube video... hopefully comparing it with other well known switches like SOTM, Melco etc? That would be very interesting.  Maybe combining it with a direct clocked EtherRegen referring the free output?  

This will indeed be a very useful to many curious minds in here. Definitely looking forward to it if AfterDark is preparing one. 

Do we know which grade of the Giesemann OCXO Clock is used within the switch and for output ?

If I'm not mistaken, the product description states a "Premium OCXO 130dBC/Hz@10Hz", which would be lower therefore than the entry level Prince OCXO @131dBC/Hz@10Hz.

4 hours ago, sbilotta said:

Do we know which grade of the Giesemann OCXO Clock is used within the switch and for output ?

If I'm not mistaken, the product description states a "Premium OCXO 130dBC/Hz@10Hz", which would be lower therefore than the entry level Prince OCXO @131dBC/Hz@10Hz.

Details on the clock from AD website as follows:

Phase Noise

GRADE Phase Noise@ 10Hz Phase Noise@ 1Hz
PRINCE -131 -100
QUEEN -132 -103

Giesemann OCXO Clock have two grades to choose, the specification is better than PaulFaun Ultra OCXO (Phase Noise -130 dBC at 10Hz)

Thanks.

I believe that is for the AD modded Buffalo switch (where that table is present) but not for the AFTERDARK Project ClayX Giesemann Network Switch where I do not find any data apart from what already written above. And indeed, unlike the Buffalo switch, there is only one price without OCXO choice.

9 hours ago, xllms said:

Speechless out of the box (Emperor Giesemann). The filter improves the sound. I will give it one week before reporting back. 

• 2 years later...

Hi! 

We are delighed to share some positive feedback and comments when customer compared with different switch in the market recently. The Giesemann Switch is the very best sounding switch. 

To celebrate the happyiness, free set of Cisco AOC SFP Optical Cable will be provided for purchase from Audiophilestyle.com member 

Purchase Link

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

image.thumb.jpeg.e4ff93eee9e5f53fd18643d2803635ab.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a9e60de8b2f57297abcf7c92ef3171a4.jpeg

Amp: Goldmund 27+ EVO Preamp, Goldmund 29M Power Amp, Goldmund AC-Curator

DAC: CH Precision C1.1 Digital Convertor,  Studer D19 DAC, Wadia 2000 DAC

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Playback: Goldmund PH3 Phono Amp, Linn LP12, Studer A807 VU MKII Open Reel

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

Dealer: UpTone Audio, Gustard, Farad Power Supply, Cybershaft, Thixar, DELA